Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training 101-Share your tips here

Posted by   + Show Post

Here is a post for us to give advice to Moms who are potty training or getting ready to potty train.

Please share your best potty training tips!

toddler boy

• See the replies below for tips on potty training.  Share your tips, too
  • Please feel free to start your own post on the group!
  • You may also want to see the tips listed here:  Potty Training tips! or Potty Training 101

by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 9:06 AM
Replies (21-30):
SBMommies
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 10:53 AM
4 moms liked this

I used Puppy Pads to keep any accidents from happening in the stroller or car seat. They gave me peace of mind to taking pottying public.  I also used them in DDs bed so that I didn't have to wash linens if there was an accident during a nap.

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 1:52 PM

puppy pads are a great idea!

adrikameel
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 2:04 AM
3 moms liked this
Yes. I saw another post about using no pull ups (except for at night) and my daughters have not worn a diaper during the day for a whole week and maybe had about 2 accidents. I keep taking them to the potty But my 3 1/2 yr old would fight me going to the potty until I started giving her a penny for everytime she went. It's cheap, and she loved it. And she put it in her piggy bank. She has woken up in the morning with dry pull ups. She don't ask me for pennies any more after she goes to potty and now they go sometimes with out me taking them.
SillyMom74
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I would love to try the "no pull ups to underwear" but my husband thinks she will make a mess and he gets frustrated when she goes in her diaper and we ask her if she wants to go and she says no. but the other day she actually tinkled in the toilet. I dont know what to do
ngeelen
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 10:33 PM

ok so I didn't potty train my 1st daughter because I worked and my mom-in-law did so now I need help naked or not to be? my child seems not to care if she is wet or not? HELP

what is the 3 day method??

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 5:50 AM

Bare bottom, potty where they spend the most time, timing their trips, rushing them to the potty when they do start to go, rewards rewards rewards. There are lots of good posts about it in this group! Ask away!

Quoting ngeelen:

ok so I didn't potty train my 1st daughter because I worked and my mom-in-law did so now I need help naked or not to be? my child seems not to care if she is wet or not? HELP

what is the 3 day method??

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 5:51 AM

Messes happen when you are training. It's a fact of life. They are to be expected. Don't ask her to go, take her and put her on the potty. Tell her she'll get a reward for just being on the potty.

Quoting SillyMom74:

I would love to try the "no pull ups to underwear" but my husband thinks she will make a mess and he gets frustrated when she goes in her diaper and we ask her if she wants to go and she says no. but the other day she actually tinkled in the toilet. I dont know what to do

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

kend22milton
by on Oct. 9, 2011 at 7:07 PM
Ok my son is two and I'm in the process of potty training him, but he can't talk as well as the either kids. So how do proceed with the training.
bhwrn1
by on Oct. 10, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Can you teach him to sign?

Quoting kend22milton:

Ok my son is two and I'm in the process of potty training him, but he can't talk as well as the either kids. So how do proceed with the training.

Lilypie

mymothersfood
by on Oct. 10, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Can you tell me where to find more info on this method that you mentioned? I have triplets and one of them does not want to go potty. She is very strong will. One is fully done and the third one is half way trained. Need all the help that I can get. Thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)