Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training 101-Share your tips here

Posted by   + Show Post

Here is a post for us to give advice to Moms who are potty training or getting ready to potty train.

Please share your best potty training tips!

toddler boy

• See the replies below for tips on potty training.  Share your tips, too
  • Please feel free to start your own post on the group!
  • You may also want to see the tips listed here:  Potty Training tips! or Potty Training 101

by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 9:06 AM
Replies (31-40):
bhwrn1
by on Oct. 11, 2011 at 5:45 AM

Which method is that?

Quoting mymothersfood:

Can you tell me where to find more info on this method that you mentioned? I have triplets and one of them does not want to go potty. She is very strong will. One is fully done and the third one is half way trained. Need all the help that I can get. Thanks.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Mama2AandB
by on Oct. 12, 2011 at 2:53 PM

I'm having problems potty-training my son to take a "number 2". He always uses the toilet to urinate but won't "number 2".He never does it during the day. Only in the middle of the night like 2 AM. He wears a nighttime pull-up to prevent from BMing on the floor. I have tried putting on him on the toilet asking him to try to push it out. he sits there for a few minutes and says he doesnt have to. Does anyone have any advice?

ClaribelC
by on Oct. 16, 2011 at 6:30 PM

how can  i get my son from naked to underwear and finally to wear clothes?

golden_ret24
by on Oct. 17, 2011 at 10:41 PM

I have a few tips that might be helpful in helping your little one use the potty. First, start by making it fun. Try to tell them about the potty and what it does. Then try having them take off their diaper/pull up on their own and unzipping or pulling down their pants. Then sit them on the potty and after they go give verbal praise which is needed a lot when starting to potty train and through the process. However, if your child shows no interest in wanting to use the potty don't push it because, they are still young, but if your child shows interest and wants to learn, then go for it! 

golden_ret24
by on Oct. 17, 2011 at 11:21 PM

I would really like to help you out by giving advice. But, I am not sure what exactly you are saying. Please explain in a little moredetail. 

nerd.stuff
by on Oct. 18, 2011 at 3:53 PM

I honestly let my dd run around butt naked. She loves it, and so far so good. She has peed on the potty twice today. No accidents. She woke up from her nap completely dry. 

tracimedlin
by on Oct. 21, 2011 at 2:22 PM

My son is 2 1/2 and I'm trying to get him trained before #2 Joins us in late January. He doesn't seem to care about potty training. We have tried "bare bottom" and take him all the time...he will pee on the floor and clean it up and he knows where pee and poo goes but nothing....we do rewards etc. He loves it after he does go and will cheer but that is the extent of him caring.

What is the 3 day method???

Godspitgrl
by on Oct. 21, 2011 at 8:42 PM
Kids LOVE games if you have more than one kid turn it into a game and watch the PTing and fun begin.
Godspitgrl
by on Oct. 21, 2011 at 8:44 PM
Put cherries in the toilet and let the boys aim at it.
Godspitgrl
by on Oct. 21, 2011 at 8:44 PM
Put food coloring in the toilet and and tell them when they pee OT will change colors
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)