Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training 101-Share your tips here

Posted by   + Show Post

Here is a post for us to give advice to Moms who are potty training or getting ready to potty train.

Please share your best potty training tips!

toddler boy

• See the replies below for tips on potty training.  Share your tips, too
  • Please feel free to start your own post on the group!
  • You may also want to see the tips listed here:  Potty Training tips! or Potty Training 101

by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 9:06 AM
Replies (41-50):
athensangel
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Has anyone played "Find the Magic Potty"?  Before you get in the car to go somewhere you have your child go to the rest room.  Once you get to your destination the game begins.  The first thing you must do when you walk into a store is find the magic potty and use it to show you found it.  This will continue if you go to multiple stores and potty again once you get home.  Silly games keep us going...hope it's helpful for someone else too!!

bhwrn1
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 1:39 PM

What an awesome idea!!!!!

Quoting athensangel:

Has anyone played "Find the Magic Potty"?  Before you get in the car to go somewhere you have you child go to the rest room.  Once you get to your destination the game begins.  The first thing you muct do when you walk into a store is find the magic potty and use it to show you found it.  Silly games keep us going...hope it's helpful for someone else too!!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

babylondon195
by on Oct. 29, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Potty traning has been a little  harder for my second child . she started at 17 mths and she does good for maybe three to four out of seven days of the week. I stop gving her a lot of drink. and we don't do pampers either. need help and some encouragment.

bhwrn1
by on Oct. 29, 2011 at 9:55 AM

I would not limit drinks. Actually, they need drinks so they can understand the feeling of needing to go.

Quoting babylondon195:

Potty traning has been a little  harder for my second child . she started at 17 mths and she does good for maybe three to four out of seven days of the week. I stop gving her a lot of drink. and we don't do pampers either. need help and some encouragment.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bdc2010
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 6:35 AM

so i have a 18 in a half month old daughter and last month i tried potty training for the first week it went really good she would go in her little potty, but after the week she did not want anything to do with her potty chair and when i would put her on it she would start to cry. and she knows when she has to go potty i do believe that she is ready but i don't know how to get her back on her little potty. any one have any tips to help me out?

bhwrn1
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 7:24 AM

Where do you keep the potty?

Quoting bdc2010:

so i have a 18 in a half month old daughter and last month i tried potty training for the first week it went really good she would go in her little potty, but after the week she did not want anything to do with her potty chair and when i would put her on it she would start to cry. and she knows when she has to go potty i do believe that she is ready but i don't know how to get her back on her little potty. any one have any tips to help me out?

Weezdb
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 12:49 AM

what is the 3 day method?

Weezdb
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I thought I read no advertising on this site? so far all I've read is advice to use the 3 day method but noone said what it was just a website to look at which actually is the site to purchase the ebook for 24 dollars. if i had bought it i would have just said the method to all of you moms needing an answer. everybody in it for them selves as usual. so is anyone actually gonna give free advice? what is the 3 day method without purchasing it?

bhwrn1
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 5:28 AM

No one is advertising, or in it for themselves. Wow! This is a method that people on this group have used with great success. I am sorry that you do not know what it is. And there are many, many tips and advice throughout this entire group that you can READ through to see what might work best for you. You do not have to be so rude to the other members of this group.

Basically, you commit to three days without a diaper or pull up, taking the child to the potty at regularly scheduled intervals and rewarding them for going.

Quoting Weezdb:

I thought I read no advertising on this site? so far all I've read is advice to use the 3 day method but noone said what it was just a website to look at which actually is the site to purchase the ebook for 24 dollars. if i had bought it i would have just said the method to all of you moms needing an answer. everybody in it for them selves as usual. so is anyone actually gonna give free advice? what is the 3 day method without purchasing it?

marisab
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 1:36 AM

i wanna know aboyut 3 day method for my baby but my special needs and dont think it well work for him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)