Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

Welcome! Get started here...

Posted by   + Show Post

welcome

Welcome to the Potty Training Support Group!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms and sharing advice and support on potty training! 

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in!  Feel free to start posts and reply to posts - ask questions, share your thoughts, advice and support. 

Step 3:  Invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friend.  To send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Check out this post to get started:
Potty Training 101 - Share your best tips!

To share a little more about yourself, add your special days to our group calendar:
Click here to add your Birthday and Anniversary to our Group Calendar!

To add a Potty Training Support group signature to your posts, click here:
Signatures for the Potty Training Support group! 

Be sure to check out the Toddler and Preschoolers group, too.

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

We hope you'll introduce yourself:)

tea

Make yourself at home and enjoy!

by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 9:08 AM
Replies (21-30):
bhwrn1
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Welcome Nicole!

Quoting luvhubandbabys:

Hi everyone! My name is Nicole. I have 2 daughters. ages 2.5 and 16 mos. Working on PTing my oldest, my youngest sits on the potty too sometimes mainly to encourage big sister that it is fun, family time. My 16 mo old peed on the potty once we were so excited..haha. I will work on her once my oldest is trained.

Im trying to do barebottomed method but sometimes I get too frustrated and put a diaper on her. Then it seems like she holds on for the diaper. IDK.. but its a work in progress. Hopefully everyday we will have more time diaper free. Glad to be here I def need the help.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Welcome Jen!

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

My name is Jen and I have a soon to be 15 month old boy named Evan. I started putting Evan on the potty around 7 months just to get him so he wasn't afraid of it. He went a few times because I think he heard the water running, but since then he hasn't really had any interest (I know he is little still lol). The past few months I have gotten him to sit on it again though so that is a plus.

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Welcome Mandy! Good luck!

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

My name is Mandy. My daughter will be 3 in December and we are having a new baby in September. We have sort of started some potty training off and on but I just don't feel like she is ready yet. Wish us luck!

Lilypie

aubsmom09
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Hi, I am Erin and my DD is 19 months.  We are not potty training yet, but I am a first time mom and could use all the advice and information I can get.  :)

LovesFredric
by on Aug. 11, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Welcome, Erin :D

Quoting aubsmom09:

Hi, I am Erin and my DD is 19 months.  We are not potty training yet, but I am a first time mom and could use all the advice and information I can get.  :)

Mamma_of3
by on Aug. 11, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Hi Everyone! My name is Yesenia I have a 5 year old girl  and two boys one 2.5 yrs and the youngest 9 months old.  I am having trouble potty training our 2 year old.  He is doing great in peeing in the toilet, but when it comes to his bowel movements he is not interested.  I try to make it interesting by ready to him or giving him stickers as rewards but still he kicks and screams.  Any suggestions?

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 12, 2011 at 5:42 AM

Welcome Erin!

Quoting aubsmom09:

Lilypie

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 12, 2011 at 5:44 AM

Welcome Yesenia! Poop seems to be the hardest for most! There are some great posts in here with some really good information on things you can try. Here's a few tips: potty where he might hide to poop, have him help clean up accidents, a prize where he can see but not touch it (drool over it) until he puts poop in the potty (then you have a party and give it to him!).

Good luck!

Quoting Mamma_of3:

Hi Everyone! My name is Yesenia I have a 5 year old girl  and two boys one 2.5 yrs and the youngest 9 months old.  I am having trouble potty training our 2 year old.  He is doing great in peeing in the toilet, but when it comes to his bowel movements he is not interested.  I try to make it interesting by ready to him or giving him stickers as rewards but still he kicks and screams.  Any suggestions?

Lilypie

Ladybugmama86
by on Aug. 12, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Hi My name is Grace I am married to a very hard working man, that does his best, but to be honest it has been rocky! I am a stay at home Mom to 2 daughters, Skylar will be 4 in Oct. and Keira will be 2 in Sept. and I am due with baby #3 in January.

Keira seemed like she was SOO ready to train, she was sitting on the potty by herself, even went a couple times by herself, but we were in the process of moving so I decided to wait until we had moved, now that I am trying she is fighting it every step of the way!! I really want her fully potty trained before the baby gets here.

LovesFredric
by on Aug. 12, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Welcome, Yesenia!! :D

oh darn!! Yes, we have lots of posts about pooping issues - check them out :)

Quoting Mamma_of3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)