Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you give treats?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:05 AM
  • 14 Replies

Do you give treats when your kids pee on the potty? What do you give? 

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmencl3210
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:07 AM

i do, but not when he pees like 2 drops just to get it (thats the bad thing ive found about using them...) but we do whatever is in the house, i try to keep a some jelly beans or m&ms around.

MamaBear2cubs
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:08 AM

I never gave treats, I didn't do anything special with potty training as far as rewards, I just let him go at his own pace.

3lilmonkeysxo
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:09 AM

My son got lollipops (dum dums) when he went pee and something bigger (like a snack cake or cookies) for going poop. We just did it for the first week or two of training

mommy2rad
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:10 AM
I do, I give her the Gerber puffs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jodstar30
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Yes m&m's. I got him a little dispenser. He gets to twist twice for pee n 4 times for poop. Some times he doesn't even want them though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:24 AM

btw the m&ms or jelly beans were for peeing, IF he ever poops hell get a cookie (or 2 depending how big/small they are) but we have yet to accomplish that, and i wish we did, im soooo tired of cleaning poop! lol (he's 3 and i have a 5 wk old, so i feel like im always up to my elbows in mushy goo diapers)

Quoting kmencl3210:

i do, but not when he pees like 2 drops just to get it (thats the bad thing ive found about using them...) but we do whatever is in the house, i try to keep a some jelly beans or m&ms around.

LovesFredric
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:43 AM

we did a variety of things - kept changing to keep him motivated!   stickers, dum dums, m&ms, temp tattoos, trinkets from the party isle at walmart, etc....

abra
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:44 AM

I do. The treat depends on the kid and what they need to feel rewarded and motivated.

jenniferlee_12
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:13 PM

We use M&Ms to get him to sit on the potty.

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Only when training. We used M&Ms for our oldest. We used them for our middle but he trained so fast there was really no need. I will use them again for my youngest b/c he LOVES them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)