Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holding it in for hours.

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:32 AM
  • 9 Replies

At first she would just pee in her undies. Now she doesnt. I have her sit and try every 30-45 mins during the day. NOTHING. She  holds it in. I guess she has a fear of going in the toliet. She will be 3 in Early January. She obviously can hold it and knows when she has to go but...how do I help her get over the fear..

Im gonna try putting a diaper in her potty seat ( this was suggested by a friend of mine).

Any other suggestions?? Right now she is squirming all over the place cuz she needs to go  but she won't...

Dont laugh but I filled a tub with warm water earlier so she would go and she did.  I dont want her holding her pee in all day and I really dont want to resort back to diapers.. What else can I do??

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LovesFredric
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:41 AM

you could try running the water while she's sitting on the potty, or even pouring some warm water down her tummy may make her have to release it.

that's great that she has such great control to hold it! she'll get there as soon as she realizes it's not so scary! :)

also - what about a drink & wet doll she can help 'train'

twinsnseptember
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:42 AM
I was just about to ask the same question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvhubandbabys
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Well the diaper in the potty seat didnt work. She got mad and took it out and threw it on the floor.  LMAO. I will def try the water thing.

I am trying to stay calm but it drives me nuts because I know she is so close... so so close. LOL

Silver_Nova2082
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:52 AM

sorry im no help DS goes potty every 15 mins

LovesFredric
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:04 PM

good try!!  she's very close!  good luck keeping your sanity mama, it will pay off :) lol

Quoting luvhubandbabys:

Well the diaper in the potty seat didnt work. She got mad and took it out and threw it on the floor.  LMAO. I will def try the water thing.

I am trying to stay calm but it drives me nuts because I know she is so close... so so close. LOL

jenniferlee_12
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Can you let her play with a bucket or cup of water while on the potty?

luvhubandbabys
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:21 PM

I did she was splashing the water, dripping it in the potty standing up and saying YAY!! Oh gosh.. I dont know what to do with this child.. :) Shes difficult just like her mama.

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

Can you let her play with a bucket or cup of water while on the potty?

luvhubandbabys
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:22 PM

haha thanks. I just gave her a huge cup of juice I know this child needs to go..

Quoting LovesFredric:

good try!!  she's very close!  good luck keeping your sanity mama, it will pay off :) lol

Quoting luvhubandbabys:

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:38 PM

I hope she goes for you. I was going to make the diaper suggestion, oh well :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)