• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi everyone, I figured I'd join here now so I can start mentally preparing to potty train my daughter! She is going to be 2 in October and I feel like she's basically ready to do this. Actually i have the potty out in the bathroom and she'll sit on it or on her brother's potty ring ... but that's all lol. She literally will sit for half an hour if i let her and just play and talk, but nothing ever comes out. I have a feeling she will do ok with it as soon as she figures out how to get it to go in there, but so far no luck on it. 

She knows the words pee and poop, knows when someone else is going potty, knows when she has gone in her diaper and will tell me when she's poopy or wet. She knows where the potty is and will sometimes even say "go potty" and run right to it. Now to get her to actually DO something on it! lol

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bhwrn1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:46 PM

She'll get it.

Have her watch you put pee in the toilet.

Also, is she wearing anything or are you doing bare bum? Bare bum will help her see when she's going and then you can rush her to the potty to have her finish.

stykir
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Yeah, she goes in the bathroom with me all the time, and if her big brother has to go. Lately she's had a LOT  of nakey time!! A couple of times she has gone on the floor and we talk to her about what happened, but sometimes she'll go a REALLY long time without going (or it seems long for her little bladder) so we'll go sit and still nothing. I think it's really gonna take an "accident" sitting on the potty and it just happens so i can let her know that's what i want. 

I'm not too stressed over anything yet. I waited til after we moved to even think about it, and now i'm working part time and my older son will be starting kindergarten. I think after he goes i'll be able to get her a little more one on one and hopefully it will happen sometime this fall!

Quoting bhwrn1:

She'll get it.

Have her watch you put pee in the toilet.

Also, is she wearing anything or are you doing bare bum? Bare bum will help her see when she's going and then you can rush her to the potty to have her finish.

abra
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Welcome to the group!! I am just gearing up to potty train my second daughter who will be 3 in October. :)

LovesFredric
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Welcome!! Sounds like you have a good start!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)