• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you get pressure from your inlaws to potty train....

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:33 PM
  • 13 Replies

earlier then when you think you and yours are ready to?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:58 AM

I got pressure from my MIL with my first son b/c he trained at 3 1/2. She actually started the training one day when she was home with him. I was not happy b/c she didn't ask. I would not have said no, but she should have asked. For us it's harder b/c we are working parents, so the timing can be off. She didn't pressure us after the first.

3lilmonkeysxo
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:22 AM

no. we hardly see them. 

KelliansMom
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:26 AM

nope ...they both are on the same page as me ...they will train better when they are ready 

stykir
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:25 AM

yes and it's so irritating! My mil claims her kids were all potty trained by 11 months old. my son was 18 months before i bought him his potty...but he wasnt fully trained til around 3. 

My daughter is now almost 2. i have been just trying to get her to pee, so i'm not full swing into training her yet. too much going on. she kept telling me that my niece (who she babysat) was trained by 18 months, so according to her alyssa should be done by now. something just isnt right yet though for her. but she did sit on the potty at my MILs house so she is satisfied that we're at least doing something. although she is just baffled that my daughter hasnt peed yet! so she's giving me all kinds of ideas for making her pee. but i dont think you can MAKE someone pee lol

abra
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 3:24 PM
I get pressure from my MIL too. She even started training my 2 year old when she was a her house (without asking! a-hem). I like to wait until I know they are ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenniferlee_12
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:00 PM
No I am getting pressure to cut his hair though. Which that will happen when I want it to.
mommy2xp
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:11 PM
Nope they're always surprised when we do start (about 1.5) they think it's to early but my girls have all been ready to start at that age
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennybenny01
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:23 AM
Yes I get grief from the MIL. My DS is the only boy and he is surrounded by 5 girl cousins so MIL thinks DS should do everything like them.
Godspitgrl
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:02 PM
Not I my in-laws didn't care but we weren't near by either.
RobynS
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 5:14 PM

nope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)