• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Regressing

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:07 PM
  • 7 Replies

My son will be 3 in dec and we are wanting to start him in preschool but he needs to be potty trained. The issue we are having is that he use to do super super good and then out of no where he just started having accident after accident and now we are back in diapers. he knows when hes going to go he just refuses to go. any tips on how to get over this hump?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jenniferlee_12
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:10 PM

I would take the diapers away and try the rewards system (if that is what worked the first time) with him.

abra
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:31 PM
I agree. Probably at that age, go straight to undies.

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

I would take the diapers away and try the rewards system (if that is what worked the first time) with him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 5:47 AM

I definitely agree with taking the diapers away. Also, is he involved in playing and just forgets to go? I know that as kids get older and get more involved in playing, they don't remember to go and tend to have accidents. Sometimes you have to return to what you did originally to help them remember. I think a gentle reminder like a timer might help out in this situation.

younggrl12
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Thanks guys, i had him say good bye to his diapers yesterday and tell the diapers that he didnt need them any more. we had one accident yesterday and a completely dry night! Hoping this is it.

abra
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:41 PM
that's great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2xp
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Yay!

LovesFredric
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 10:25 AM

great job!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)