• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cold Turkey...Help and Advice

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:26 PM
  • 16 Replies

Today iam going "cold turkey" with my oldest who just turned 2 today! Happy Birthday Kekoa. We love you! Cold turkey with not buying pullups and going to the underwear.

So today he has had 2 accidents(pee-pee and poo) in his big brother's underwear. Planning on getting him some of his own soon. So i need some advice on what i should do. And ive notice that since he is underwear, he does alot better than pullups. Help.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenniferlee_12
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:57 PM

That is great that he does better with underwear. Can his big brother encourage him? That might help a lot. Reminding and asking if he has to go and a lot of support. Don't get mad if he has an accident, have him help clean it and say he will get to the potty next time. Happy Birthday Kekoa!

abra
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:30 PM
I've never done cold turkey, but I do set a timer to go off every 15-20 minutes and I take my daughter every time to help cut down on accidents. Good luck!

Happy Birthday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 5:46 AM

That's awesome. I think your method is good. Are you giving rewards? Does he know what potty is?

How did the entire day go? What does she think?

Keep us posted on how today goes.

3lilmonkeysxo
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:47 AM

That's pretty much what I do - no more diapers & go right into undies

The first few days are usually the hardest & they will have accidents. Just keep it up!!

And happy birthday Kekoa! 

Keebler31
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice. And yes i do reward him. And he sure does follow his older brother. Like today he has had 1 accident-poo. and i told him that he had to clean it up, and he really wasn't to happy about it. But he did clean it up, and i told him,that mommy was very upset with you, and that you need to pee and poo in the potty. And I will take the advice of every 15-20min to take him to the bathroom. Great idea.

Now what about night time? Any advice. Still sticking with the no pullups deal. so any help and advice would do! Thanks.

crimsonangel180
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 4:56 PM
Nighttime stop fluids 2 hours before bed. Also a mattress protector
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Honestly, I would wait unti he's trained during the day before trying nights. Unless he's staying dry at night, then you should just go for it!

drdevault
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:02 PM

WOw that is really good, i would just make him go sit on the potty alot. Good luck.

mommy2xp
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:58 PM

You have gotten great advice above!

Keebler31
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Today is a new day. He has 1 accident so far. I don't want to jinks myself, but oh well. lol. I do agree that he is still not fully potty trained to go cold turkey at night yet. Yesterday he had 2-4 accidents- pee and poo. And with the poo accidents i let him clean it up. And I notice that he dry for 2-3 hours during the day. With accidents, but i think they are shorting. Its just really frusting, but i know i have to be consitant with it. I take the advice 2 hours before bed, and see what happens. my oldest is fully potty trained, because he is dry all day and dry through the night. And tells me when he has to go potty. Wish me luck/prayers. Alot. I will keep you posted. Thanks everyone.

Keebler

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)