Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PTing an almost 3 yr old

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:21 AM
  • 7 Replies

i feel like im at wits end and failing miserably at this PTing thing. here is my sit. PLEASE HELP!

Olivia was 30m. started PTing 1st of june. Perfect till beginning of Aug then it was like she didnt even know what a potty was. I redid what i orig did 1st time. potty in living room and she went around w/ no pantss or panties. She has gotten better but she still tinkles a little b4 tellinjg me she has to go. i change panties every time she goes potty cause they are wet. how do i get this child trained? should i leave the wet panties on to teach her not to pee in them?

help!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bhwrn1
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Kids at this age are "forgetful". They get so absorbed in what they are doing they need to be reminded. I would just remind her. I would not leave the wet panties on b/c she can get an infection like that. I would also have her help clean the panties, with supervision.

Shady7th2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:00 AM

she does get involved...

no poops in panties. only pee but i think having her help rinse panties is a good idea.

jenniferlee_12
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:52 AM

I wouldn't leave her in the wet panties.  I would set a timer to help remind her.

RobynS
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:41 PM

The wet panties could cause a yeast infection or something, so I wouldn't do that. Have her clean up any messes and change her own undies--that might help.

Good luck! My DD will be 3 this month and we're still working on it. Not too many pee accidents any more, but still no luck with poo. :(

LovesFredric
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:48 AM

My son would do that sometimes - always damp underwear.  I would just have lots of underwear available & have her change after she finishes in the potty.  Remind her next time to go potty right away instead of playing - and of course if you see her exhibiting signs, make sure she heads straight to the bathroom.  She will get the timing down :)

abra
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 5:47 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Godspitgrl
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 10:31 AM
siunds like great advice. Only hing I would add is maybe offer her a treat or toy if she goes so many times with out getting her underwear wet at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)