Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just bought a potty seat

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:58 PM
  • 8 Replies

for my 15 month old. i want her to get used to it for now. make a routine of sitting on the potty after she wakes up, after breakfast, before and after nap time and so on.

have any ideas, tips....suggestions for me? :) i'm not sure how much she's going to like it. shes at grandma's and grandpa's this weekend. so we'll see monday!

toddler girlI'm Liz :) 19. My daughter is Myranda Marie :D 13 Months. in love

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RobynS
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:24 PM

I think it's a great idea! No pressure, just an interesting new thing. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it (Wow! Look at this great new 'toy!') because that will wear off and then she'll be done. Just be very matter of fact about it.

I think it's good to train early (so wish I'd trained DD at that age). Maybe she'll surprise you and it will just click for her, much earlier than you thought. Good luck!

abra
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:02 PM
Maybe try a sticker chart. 1 sticker for every time she sits on the potty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liebevoll_mami
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:45 PM

thats what i'm hoping for!!! i want her to feel comfortable with the potty...even the big potty (which she doesnt seem to be scared of so far) i really hope it clicks....so far shes proving to be really smart and a fast learner so i hope it sticks. thank you!!

Quoting RobynS:

I think it's a great idea! No pressure, just an interesting new thing. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it (Wow! Look at this great new 'toy!') because that will wear off and then she'll be done. Just be very matter of fact about it.

I think it's good to train early (so wish I'd trained DD at that age). Maybe she'll surprise you and it will just click for her, much earlier than you thought. Good luck!

Liebevoll_mami
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:46 PM

that would be a good idea...i dont know how much of that she would understand though. :(

Quoting abra:

Maybe try a sticker chart. 1 sticker for every time she sits on the potty.

Godspitgrl
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:13 PM
Sounds good to me. I would not lush to hard right now but getting her used t sitting it and such is a gear idea.
Liebevoll_mami
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 1:40 AM

my family and i are pretty good about not pushing her. but i figure getting her used to it is a step in the right direction. and hopefully if we can time it right we can have her pooping on the potty in no time! lol. 

Quoting Godspitgrl:

Sounds good to me. I would not lush to hard right now but getting her used t sitting it and such is a gear idea.

Godspitgrl
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:45 AM
Sounds like a plan thats what I did with DD and she wS trained at 18 months
bhwrn1
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Great start!

I would try bare bottome and potty where she spends the most time.

Use rewards and make sure she knows that the praise you give her is for potty!

Good luck and keep us posted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)