Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to Talk to Little Girls (PIOG)

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:29 AM
  • 3 Replies

This is a WONDERFUL and important article and something I think everyone should read. So I'm sharing it EVERYWHERE!

Enjoy!

How to Talk to Little Girls

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
abra
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:22 PM
I think it is very important for parents, especially the girls father, to shower adoration on his daughter. Every woman wants to be lovely (both inside and out). It's important not to neglect every aspect of a child's being (mind, soul and body). You'll see a lot of women settling for guys they shouldn't because that guy makes them feel beautiful and smart. If a father and mother do a good job of setting the standard high, I think we'd see a lot less abused women. We tell our daughters they are beautiful. There is more to beauty then physical attributes. We praise them for their accomplishments and creativity, it is beautiful. True beauty comes from the inside and works its way out. Every now and then you'll see a really beautiful elderly woman, and you know that because her beauty came from more then just youthful looks, her internal beauty has turned into external beauty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Oh, I agree that it's okay to tell them they're beautiful. I just try to make sure that I really focus on smart and strong. Lots of people tell her she's beautiful (as the article says, the first thing we naturally say to a little girl is something about their appearance).

Quoting abra:

I think it is very important for parents, especially the girls father, to shower adoration on his daughter. Every woman wants to be lovely (both inside and out). It's important not to neglect every aspect of a child's being (mind, soul and body). You'll see a lot of women settling for guys they shouldn't because that guy makes them feel beautiful and smart. If a father and mother do a good job of setting the standard high, I think we'd see a lot less abused women. We tell our daughters they are beautiful. There is more to beauty then physical attributes. We praise them for their accomplishments and creativity, it is beautiful. True beauty comes from the inside and works its way out. Every now and then you'll see a really beautiful elderly woman, and you know that because her beauty came from more then just youthful looks, her internal beauty has turned into external beauty.

bhwrn1
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:04 PM

I think much can be applied to boys.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)