Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I NEED HELP TRAINING MY 3YR OLD BOY!!!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:48 PM
  • 3 Replies

We started introducing the potty to my son at a year old. We got him a little frog potty. he would sit on from time to time. we didnt really push at this time, it was more to introduce him. Thinking the sooner the better right? 2 yrs old comes around and we get a chart with stickers. He would get a sticker if he sat, peed or pooped. This worked well since he loves stickers. But we didnt get any results... alot of sitting on it! He started to  hold his poop while the training was going. So one day he pooped on the potty but his poop was sooo huge the size of his whole arm! He screamed and jumped off the potty asap. Now ever since that he freaks of the mere thought of the potty. so we stopped pushing him and figured we'd wait it out. Espcially since he got so consitpated from holding his poop. Now that he just turned 3 ..i figured i would now give it another shot. He now puts on big boy underwear with no problem. So that is a start. But its been 2 days and he has peed in the potty (and in his underwear) but been holding his poop again! i dont want this to be another set back by having a bad poop again. What should i do??? 

other things to concider when anwering back. He is very very picky eater!!! and drinker!!! He barely eats or drinks anything! he has gotten better since he was younger but still hard to get him to eat any veggies besides carrots. And he only likes bannanas for fruits. He loves mac and cheese, spegitti, ramen noodles.any noodles with pretty much any sauce he will eat. If i try to add veggies into the pasta he eats around them. He wont drink water unless mixed with juice. and only about a cup a day if that. loves milk but we give him soy because of his poop issues.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bhwrn1
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Poop is the hardest thing. You have to get it to where he is not uncomfortable pushing it out. The longer he holds it, the harder it gets (b/c his boday absorbs the fluid back through the intestine), the more it will hurt and he won't want to go. I would suggest Miralax to soften it and get him to at least go. You can put it in anything and it's tasteless and odorless. Bananas are constipating, so you may want to hold off on giving him a lot of those. You could try pureeing some high fiber veggies and adding them to the sauce for his noodles.

Why do you give soy instead of milk for his poop issues?

abra
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:21 PM
Check out the book Everyone Poops for him, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:29 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)