Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with my 22 month old

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:00 PM
  • 10 Replies
Okay i have a 22 month old dd. We have been on and off potty training for awhile because she showed so much interest in it. Now what she will do is tell me when she pees and ill run her to her potty but its too late and also she tells me when shes stinkying. how do i catch her before she does use the potty in her pullup? she can go in the potty she just chooses to use her pullup. she has stinkyed and peed in the potty several timea but its not constistent to where i can put her in underwear. i tried the going the weekend with underwear on and going every 15 min but its hard to remember that and she ends up having accidents and thats my fault i know. need help or advice...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Have you tried bare bottom?

abra
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:22 PM
I set my timer to go of every 20 minutes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:29 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
looking4mychild
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:11 AM
Ok, several things. First, don't blame yourself. It's not your fault. It's no ones fault. Potty training is a process. It's a learning experience, just like spelling or adding. You keep practicing until you get it. The key thing to remember is consistency. Also I would try stretching it out a bit. Every 15 minutes is very frequent, every child is not the same but i know my DD would get bored having to go so often and start resisting real quick. So just keep an eye out and gauge her reaction for acceptance. I agree with the previous post try using a timer. But if your LO is at the point where she's telling you when she's going then the signs are definitely there. Have you tried the sticker chart approach? Stick with it mama she'll get it :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iadoremykids24
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:52 AM
Thanks everyone! We actually did good last night, she would tell me she has to pee and i ran her to the potty just in time and the same thing happened today. I will try the timer as well. She gets sooo excited when she uses the potty because i make a big deal out of it so i think shes trying to hold it til she gets to the potty so she can get her cheer from mommy. i dont do the sticker reward ill give her a piece some m&ms if she uses it because i know how much she loves them and of course dancing around and being goofy and cheering her on. Lol just gotta get constistent with it now. Thanks for the encouraging words i was getting frustrated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Godspitgrl
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:58 PM
I would say go full underwear and if you need to get a timer to help yu remember to take her.
jenniferlee_12
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:32 AM

bump

abra
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:05 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 5:03 PM
:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2xp
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 5:16 PM
I had to set a timer or I would forget as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)