Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:23 AM
  • 6 Replies

My daughter is very happy to "go potty" and she will sit there and play anywhere from 10-45 minutes and not go. After she gets up (within) 10 minutes she'll go potty. I usually scoop her up as soon as I realize and rush her to the potty where she will hold it (noticably) and refuse to pee, and the second she leaves the bathroom she'll let the rest go. I thought if I left her on longer when I know she's holding it she will eventually have to finish because its hard to hold it, but she has a will of iron! No rewards are helping. If I try and bribe, she will agree that it's a good idea and continue to refuse. I've contemplated the idea of her not being ready yet, but she's insistant. When I explain that tinkling or using the potty means that she goes in the potty and not in her pants she'll tell me ok, but still no dice. Any ideas? (She's 2, but we've been doing this song and dance (by her request) for 4-5 months.)

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SarahandBreann
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I feel you. We are potty training this weekend. No more diapers only big girl panties. Yesterday was great and today we have not hit the potty for any of our accidents. I'm at my wits end today. Doesn't help that I'm have a monthly visitor. My advice is just stick with it or try putting her back in diapers. Maybe she will want to go potty to prove she is a "big girl".

jenniferlee_12
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:17 PM

My son is the same way. Then he grabs himself when he is done peeing. I am trying to find a toy or something to keep him interested to sit on the potty.

abra
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM
I agree.

Quoting SarahandBreann:

I feel you. We are potty training this weekend. No more diapers only big girl panties. Yesterday was great and today we have not hit the potty for any of our accidents. I'm at my wits end today. Doesn't help that I'm have a monthly visitor. My advice is just stick with it or try putting her back in diapers. Maybe she will want to go potty to prove she is a "big girl".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Godspitgrl
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Nice advice form Sarah
abra
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 3:44 PM
:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
walkintherain
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Oh wow I feel your pain too! My son is 18 months and he does EXACTLY the same thing. He'll sit on the potty for 10-15 minutes and literally before he even exits the bathroom he pees on the floor! He's done it several times so I know it's not a coincidence. I think he's doing it on purpose but we don't do anything about it because perhaps he's too little yet and isn't ready. All I can say is we just have to be patient!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)