Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did you know

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

ok ladies im trying to figure out if my dd is ready for potty training because one minute she says she wants to potty she sits on the potty two seconds and then says done and not even a minute later she pottys in her training panties which is a lil aggravating im in need of advice ladies plz help thanks and plz no bashing

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
abra
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:31 PM

This is the checklist I like to use. :) Welcome to the group!!

barnwell84
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Take her to the bathroom at least twice an hour & after she eats or drink anything.  Take her after her nap, before bed, & wake her up before you go to bed.  If you want to skip pull-ups altogether, put a waterproof mattress cover on her bed.  If she has an accident, all you have to do is change the sheets & wipe off the waterproof mattress cover, change her, have her potty, & back to bed.  It worked for our daughter.  She was fully trained in about a week.

LovesFredric
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:37 PM

that's awesome that she wants to try!! and what she's doing is so very normal!  I started my son bare bottomed, and when he started to pee, I immediately sat him on the potty chair (that we kept in the room with us).  I hoped it would give him that 'aha' moment! :)

jenniferlee_12
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM

How old is she? I would keep trying as long as she asks to go and has the signs.

skylersmommy010
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 2:42 AM

she is just two years old but she acts like she wants to then sits on the potty for two seconds then says all done when she not pottied and wont sit back down

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)