Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tried It & No Go :(

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:55 PM
  • 16 Replies

The problems with getting my DD to poop in the toliet continues. Today she had soiled her last pair of panties while the clean ones were still in the dryer so I told her she'd have to go without panties until the others were dry. She put her shorts back on & after a bit she pooped in them. Sigh. I'm not sure where else to go with her. She's just so stubborn & I'm so tired of the messes as well as the added cost of underwear & wipes. Now what? 

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
13mos
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM

The opposite is happening with my DD. She will poop in the potty but won't pee. I need help with that!! When she poops in her pants do you show it to her and then drop it in the toilet showing her that's where it goes?

stacys29
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I have but she doesn't seem to care. We've tried charts, stickers, new things if she goes & nothing. 

Quoting 13mos:

The opposite is happening with my DD. She will poop in the potty but won't pee. I need help with that!! When she poops in her pants do you show it to her and then drop it in the toilet showing her that's where it goes?

abra
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:09 AM
How old is she again?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacys29
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:39 PM

5 :(

Quoting abra:

How old is she again?

jenniferlee_12
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Have you asked the Dr about it? Does it hurt her to poop?

stacys29
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Yes & I talked to two different doctors in the office. They think that if she's not backed up then it's behavioral. She never really answers when I ask her why she won't go though over the summer she went two days in a row & even seemed to like the praise & reward but stopped on day 3. It's confusing. My boys always had pee accidents so of course I'd end up with a DD with the polar opposite problem.

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

jenniferlee_12
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

So they think it is behavioral and didn't give you any advice on how to handle it? That is odd. Let me think and see what else I can come up with.

Quoting stacys29:

Yes & I talked to two different doctors in the office. They think that if she's not backed up then it's behavioral. She never really answers when I ask her why she won't go though over the summer she went two days in a row & even seemed to like the praise & reward but stopped on day 3. It's confusing. My boys always had pee accidents so of course I'd end up with a DD with the polar opposite problem.

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

stacys29
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I had DH pick up a new package of panties since she's outgrown the old ones. She likes them & said she'd keep them clean (so far has too) so we'll see. I asked her again why she doesn't want to use the potty to which she changed the subject. :(

abra
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Does she obey/respect your wishes in other things or is she more inclined not to pay attention when you ask her to do things?

Quoting stacys29:

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katherine696997
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Quoting 13mos:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)