Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

we did it 3 in a half a potty trained

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM
  • 3 Replies

ok i was at my wit ends i was about to give up but i talk to my sons teacher got advice and got the spoort I needed. They just told me just do it. no pull ups during the day just underwear yes there are alot of changes in the start but everytime he went he got a sticker on this long peice of paper with his name on it then at the end he get a toy. I set a timer that when it i say potty time dont ask just make sure they get on that potty never give them a yes or no just its time now i know you dont want to but its time and say it over and over and they get it when u say that that its what they have to do.

I got alot of underwear and pants because i had to change him at least 6 times a day in the start but keep up with it even when traveling make the child go before you go and then again when u get to a place with a potty bring a potty one that goes on top or one that has a bag thing so the child can go when there is no potty.

The goal is to get them potty trained not you. When  they pee in there underwear take it off of then and have them sit on the potty while you get a change of underwear and pants even if they dont go its ok the point is you are sayong to them this is where they potty goes.

I hope my story and advice helps I got to tell you i never thought this was going to happen its such a great thing when it does but you got to stick with it and they will get it.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
katiebeth1821
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM

also when going out keep them in underwear you have to bring a change of clothes and a bag to hold the soiled clothes in they sell great things called wet bags they are for cloth diapers but thye are water proof inside and some zipper close so hide the smell. site called jilliandrawers.com that sells them

Cafe AmyS
by Group Admin on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

good

jenniferlee_12
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Great!! Love the advice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)