Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

Is she ready yet? Updated with our progress. (Update in red)

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:35 AM
  • 8 Replies

My daughter turned 2 on January 6th and she has been showing some signs of being ready, but also  shows signs she is not. I am confused.

She announces immediately after she has gone pee pee or poo poo and If I am not quick enough the diaper is off.

Last night when my husband checked on her about an hour after she went to bed, he found her wet diaper on the floor next to her bed. She had taken it off and then zipped her pj's back up and went to sleep. We were able to put another one on her while she was sleeping. Thank goodness, that could have been a big mess in the middle of the night.

She has  done both in her potty, not at all consistent, but that may be my fault because I am not consistent in putting her on it. BUT, many times when I bring her to the potty, she plays with in and pulls the seat off the base. I just don't know what to do. I don't want to push her, but I do  want to encourage her.  I just don't know how to do that.

After I posted this a few weeks ago I started the process. I wasn't really sure what to do so I purchased some pull ups and underwear, but I decided to start with the bare bottom. The first day she had a few messes, but she has done really well with it. She has done both in the potty and always seems so proud when she does. She has only had 2 accidents. I decided to try the underwear and she had an accident shortly after she put them on. Should I keep trying the underwear or go back to the bare bottom?

Also, I bring her tot time and the playground often. She usually leaves the the house everyday. I have tried to get her to sit on other toilets, but she doesn't want to. and sometimes there is no toilet around. What do you do in situations like that?  Sorry this is so long, but I just don't know what to do.

by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cherylw993
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Oh, BTW, I forgot to introduce myself, My name is Cheryl and my daughters name is Kendra.

jenniferlee_12
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Sounds like she is ready. Maybe try the timer and lots of praise.

Paigesmommy78
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:46 PM

sounds like she may be ready but sorry no help cuz i'm in the same spot but my DD is only 18months so i'm also stunk with thinking she is kinda young and i really dont want to push her to early 

dreamer_8291
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:51 PM

She sounds ready to me! I agree to use a timer and rewards. We set a timer for DD for every 30 mins and that was her potty time. I got rid of her little potty chair because she was going on the toilet at daycare and she wouldn't go in the little potty. She holds herself up on the toilet. I made her a potty chart and bought stickers, she got one for pee and two for poop and we used Pull-Ups. Good luck!

abra
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 4:18 PM
I agree. Welcome to the group!!

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Godspitgrl
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Quoting jenniferlee_12:

Thats what I was going to say
cherylw993
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Bump

jenniferlee_12
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I would stay bare bottom and try to stay home for a few days while training.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)