Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wanting to scream; only one parent on board

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:23 AM
  • 3 Replies

My son turned 3 in October. Potty training has been a BIG issue as he has been very resistant. My boyfriend and father of my son works 3rd shift, which is 11pm to 7am, and sleeps all day.

When it comes to the potty training, it is me who has put in the work to get our son to finally sit and pee in the potty. He has just started peeing in it this past week. I can tell when he needs to go and it takes him some time to get it out.

Today my boyfriend and my son were meeting his family for lunch and I knew our son needed to potty, he was dry all morning and had a lot of fluids. I had him sit all morning and nothing, but he was squirmy so I knew. As I said, it takes him some time and my boyfriend was trying to rush him and getting frustrated because he needed to leave to meet his family in time. I kept telling him potty training is not a race it takes time and it is not convenient. He eventually said forget it I have to go, got him dressed and left without our son going pee.

This is not okay and my boyfriend does not get it. He says "I know but I had to go"

I don't know what to do? I've worked so hard to get our son to this point and I feel a bit sabotaged. The last thing we need is to take steps backward.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
abra
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM
I think you and your boyfriend will need to sit down and come up with plan you are both on board with for potty training.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenniferlee_12
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:57 AM

I think that maybe your boyfriend needs to watch a potty training movie or read a book. When they are little it takes time for them to learn and he needs to understand this.

abra
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:35 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)