Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok people...what is the difference between 24months & 2T clothes?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:10 PM
  • 15 Replies

My son is small he is going to be 2 on april 2nd & he's in 18months pants & 24 months shirts. i hear and read so many different things and i just want to hear what you guys have to say on the subject?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenniferlee_12
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:53 AM
2 moms liked this

I have always been told that 2t is a little taller than 24m. 24m is wider for the diaper.

Nikkit611
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:03 AM

tks thats what i kinda figured...

3lilmonkeysxo
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

I have always been told that 2t is a little taller than 24m. 24m is wider for the diaper.

that's what I've been told too. 

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

bioteach
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:58 PM

From what I can tell, the legs and arms are just slightly longer in 2T.  

BzMama44
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM
For most toddlers they get taller at that age then wider so 2t has the added length. My son was in 24 for 6 months then he went to 2t. He didn gain weight just got taller.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Quoting 3lilmonkeysxo:

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

that's what I've been told too. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i01proof1214
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:08 AM

atleast with my son they run longer in the pants and shirt length. and slimme rin the waist

Godspitgrl
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:13 AM
I had always wondered the same thing just like 4T/5T and 4 and 5 childrens
Mama2MonkeyBoys
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Honestly, even different brands can't seem to agree on sizing. Some 24m clothes are bigger than 2T or even 3T clothes. I had a 6m onesie that my son couldn't wear until he was about a year old - and he was always in clothes at least 1 or 2 sizes UP.

Best bet is to hold them up against your kiddo and eyeball it. The greatest thing ever created, in my opinion? Adjustable waist pants for kids. It's a nightmare clothing tall, skinny kids without them. :)

Nikkit611
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I love the adjustable waist!!!!

Quoting Mama2MonkeyBoys:

Honestly, even different brands can't seem to agree on sizing. Some 24m clothes are bigger than 2T or even 3T clothes. I had a 6m onesie that my son couldn't wear until he was about a year old - and he was always in clothes at least 1 or 2 sizes UP.

Best bet is to hold them up against your kiddo and eyeball it. The greatest thing ever created, in my opinion? Adjustable waist pants for kids. It's a nightmare clothing tall, skinny kids without them. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)