Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

Please help me I don't know what to do

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:23 PM
  • 4 Replies

My daughter just turned 4 in february and she was doing awesome with her potty training even staying dry all night. Well I don't know what happened but the last few weeks or so she's been having accidents during the day. She'll still stay dry all night but just wants to play or monkey around and wait until the last minute and starts to pee in her pants. She'll still go to the bathroom but I can barely keep her undies clean because she's going through them so fast. A couple weeks ago at her aunties house she was just sitting there watching her cousin and some friends play monopoly and she just sat there and peed her pants. She does have visitation with her dad and he says she stays dry there and when she goes to visit anybody else (even if I'm with) she'll stay dry there. I'm to the point where I'm about to put her back in diapers becasue I don't know what else to do :( I don't understand why she can do it every where else and ALL night but has accidents during the day. I did ask her if it hurt when she goes potty (thinking it may be a bladder infection) but she said no. And I'm afraid she will get an infection because she doesn't even tell me when she does have an accident and when I notice and ask her why her undies are wet she tells me either that it's water or that their not. I do spank the last week when she has an accident because I don't feel there is any excuse to have one during the day when she can stay dry all night and because when she does have an accident she lies to me. She was lieing even before I started spanking her so I know that's not why she's lying. But I just don't understand and I don't know what to do any advice or did your children ever do this?

by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bbygourl27
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I have no adivce but I am having issues as well..sometimes they regress a little before they complete I have heard that..I would spank too for those times where its obvious that she defied you or just simply didnot obey.

mypamperedchild
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I have heard that kids regress when there is a big change in their life. My daughter had quite a few accidents right around the time my husband left us. After about a month or so she went back to normally peeing in the potty. 

I would call her pediatrician as soon as possible to rule out any health issues that may be causing her lack of control.

Good Luck!

Maggie

My Pampered Child

www.mypamperedchild.com

trebelcleff
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

My oldest son (currently five years) will sometimes still have accidents and he's been completely trained since age 3.  I've noticed it happens mostly when he's "transitioning"; like when he first started learning how to write his letters and read, or when he was concentrating on counting by tens, or even when we changed our day routine slightly to accomodate our changing schedules.  And it also looked like he was simply waiting too long before making a dash for the bathroom.  I think it's fairly normal from what I've heard and been told.  They are constantly learning and their little brains just don't have the capacity to hold on to everything all at once... it's the two steps forward, one step back idea, only the one step back happens in a completely different category.  If you know she is simply waiting too long, start asking her to go potty every hour (or two, depending on how long she usually is able to hold it) so she doesn't end up waiting.  At least it is during the day... it's so much easier to deal with and re-train during the day than at night!!!  Good luck!

JanieJo
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM

My son is 5 and does the same thing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN