Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

What have you done during unexpected accidents in public places or the playground? Do you bring back-up clothing or any cleaning supplies? What would you do if you didn't have anything to clean up accidents? Do you feel embarrassed for your child? Have you had anyone judge you?

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Replies (11-14):
Custer7306
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I always carried spare clohtes just incase!   My daughter made a big puddle in walmart one day and I had my daughter tell the worker, what she had done and asked her if she could clean it up.  Lets just say my daughter never had an accident in public again after that. 
I had never been judged, kids will be kids and sometimes just can't help it.  

bioteach
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Right now we're in the midst of potty training, and if we're going anywhere for a long period of time he wears a diaper.  But he did have an accident at my aunt & uncles the other day (he had on waterproof training underwear), but he still managed to get the back of his shirt wet near the bottom.  I still carry wipes with me incase of messes & two extra outfits.

momtwo2009
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I brought my 3yr old son a backpackspider man book bag, so I wouldn't  have to carry a diaper bag anymore. In the bag I put a extra outfit, undies and wipes. Moreover, he carries the book bag on his back making him feel like a big boy.

looking4mychild
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:22 AM
My DD 2 and a half, has a princess backpack with 2 pairs of shorts undies and socks, and i also tossed in a couple pull ups, I figured if she goes through the set she's wearing and then the first backup we'll just put her in a pullup until we get home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)