Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

Unprepared public accidents

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:05 PM
  • 14 Replies

What have you done during unexpected accidents in public places or the playground? Do you bring back-up clothing or any cleaning supplies? What would you do if you didn't have anything to clean up accidents? Do you feel embarrassed for your child? Have you had anyone judge you?

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenniferlee_12
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I haven't dealt with this yet, but I would bring spare clothes and maybe some wipes to wipe the slide or swings down.

motherofjb
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:06 PM
My daughter decided to taker her dialer off from under a dress once. Peed everywhere. My husband was "watching" her and didn't know she took it off. I had NO dry clothes. I found and bathroom and used the hand dryer!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyGI
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:32 PM
I had 1 memorable public accident in a shopping mall and I felt both embarrassed for myself and my daughter. I didn't have a back up clothing, because we were out and about and she was fully trained and feeling confident about her abilities. Used her smaller brother's cover to rap her around, so she doesn't get cold on a way home. Always carry with me napkins, so I cleaned it up. The nearby shop assistant was more understanding than I was for my own daughter. But we grow older and we learn from our own mistakes, right.
AspensMama1537
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:51 PM
My mom used her jacket and covered her, and carried her. We bought new underwear, and an outfit. (We were at kohls) Then we dressed her in the car. Put the wet clothes and shoes in a bag. Thankfully her shoe caught most of the pee. It sucked tho. I try to be really prepared now. Unfortunately accidents happen tho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wendsdy
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:25 AM

I always keep a backpack in the car with extra diapers, wipes and a extra change of clothes, extra jackets, etc.. It works if they spill something, etc.  I also then don't have to carry a diaper bag everywhere. Its just always in the car just in case.

huskermom98
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Honestly I still carry around supplies, for the most part.  I have a small black zippered pouch that I keep a pair of pants, wipes, undies, and socks in that I can easily slip into my purse if I know we'll be gone any length of time. 

Robertac1004
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Travel daily with 3 year old twins and do usually carry extra panties and leggings or shorts. Have had several accidents at the mall, playground or just out for a walk. I would hope no one would judge a toddler for an accident! I just clean them up and go about the rest of my day.
LuvAZmomma
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Usually I just come home if I don't have extra clothes. Although one time when that wasn't an option I just went to the nearest target and bought new clothes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JanieJo
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I Carry a diaper bag with diapers, pull-ups, wipes and extra clothes for both my kids. It never fails that someones gonna need a change when we are out. My oldest usually wears undies at home but I dont trust him when we are out so he gets a pull-up. My youngest is still in diapers.

Andri25
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Have not had a public accident yet with my 2 year old (knock on wood), but i do carry an extra outfit and wipes as backup. and my 4 year son his 1 accident was kinda public at my in-laws house but thankful it was mostly family with 4 or 5 guests that saw( I blame my husband though, cause I did tell him to take our son potty)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN