Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

If it's not to train your child to learn their bodies and recognize when they have to go potty, then what is it?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM
  • 7 Replies
I made a post in nc, and a majority of the women who replied said my son is too young and not ready to be potty trained. They also told me I was forcing my son to be potty trained because I am too lazy to change his diaper. I refuse to buy more diapers especially since my son can, does, and likes sitting on the potty, he is even beginning to realize when he has to go potty. My son also stays dry at night, all night, most nights, and every nap. He takes his diaper off when its wet or dirty, heck he will take it off even if its dry, he hates wearing diapers. He has been like this for a few months, and we kept going back and forth from undies to diapers, so two days ago I decided I was going to have him potty trained before he turns 2 in a week. So here we are on day three. The first day he had three accidents, his first accidents was because I knew he had to go but didn't put him on the potty in time, the second accident was while my dh was taking care of him, and the last one he went poop in his undies, stopped himself came and showed me his hand then finished on the potty while I cleaned his hand and looked for his dirty undies. Yesterday was the second day and he had no accidents, he also went to the potty once by himself, and he told me when he had to go once as well. And last night I didn't put a diaper on him and he was dry when he woke up, and when I got up to go potty he also went potty on his potty. If he isn't ready then what is he doing? I can't force him to go potty, but I do encourage him to go if I know he has to go. Do you think he is ready, considering he is doing awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MrsRobinson06
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM
I think he sounds like he is. I started potty training my 22 month old last Thursday during the day. He is doing really well and even woke us up by yelling potty from his crib this morning. We put him on and he went. Today i took him on his first outing to take his sister to school. I brought his potty with us and kept it in the car. On the way back to the car he said potty. I told him not to go in his pants and he waited till he was sitting on his potty. You know your child best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Goobieville
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Im a parent led mom. We know our kids best, we need to teach them about going potty. I personally dont think there is any reason (other then disability/medical) then a 3-4-5 year old isnt potty trained. i think you started at the perfect age. 

sweetjpea
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter will be 2 in 2 weeks, and besides bed and nap, she is potty trained. Its the perfect age in my mind. Im not a mom who waits until my child says "yea, I think ill use the toilet now" haha. My son was also trained by 2. And whoever says your too lazy to change a diaper is crazy. Potty training is more work than.changing a diaper. Today at lunch, I had to get up 3 times to take my daughter to the potty. People are crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
azrafreas
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Hellz yeah he is ready, sorry if the language might offend, but that was the first thing out of my mouth once I was done.  I totally think he is ready, I mean he even went on his own.

rmfanfgljf
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:24 PM

wow, I forgot about this post lol.............my boy has been fully potty trained for almost a year. I did swat him on the bottom twice though, he got a swat once for pulling his pants down and peeing on his sister's bed, then again for pulling his pants down and pooping on their bedroom floor. I figured then since he knew enough to pull his pants down then he knew enough that he needed to go potty. Those were the only two times I punished him because they were not accidents. When he potty's in his pants now those are accidents caused either by him laughing too much and too hard at which point he will stop laughing, grab himself and say uh-oh............his other accidents come during a seizure..........non punishable accidents.

Quoting azrafreas:

Hellz yeah he is ready, sorry if the language might offend, but that was the first thing out of my mouth once I was done.  I totally think he is ready, I mean he even went on his own.

looking4mychild
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:26 AM
He's definitely ready. There is no magic number, I really wanted my daughter trained by 2, she is now almost 3 and we're still working on it. We too went back and forth for a while with undies and diapers because she was doing really well with the undies, then she got sick and had bad diarrhea and was destroying everything with her accidents so we put her back in diapers. Now she's back in undies and for the most part stays dry at school all day, but the moment she gets home the accidents start. She hates sitting on the Potty, and won't tell us she has to go. She would rather sit where she is and just go. I'm frustrated because I know she can do this, and just won't. She starts a preschool in the fall that says she has to be fully Potty trained, she will be 3 1/2 by then, and I'm starting to wonder if she won't be ready...
marisab
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:39 PM

if hes staying dry on the potty,take shis diaper off then he is ready..my dd is the same and is 2 and 1 mos and  almost fully potty trained forget the naysayer su realy truely only one knows your son!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN