Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

My DD is having accidents after starting PT almost a year ago!

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:02 PM
  • 8 Replies

In July of last year DD said she wanted to use the potty so the PT began. I put her in undies and she's been in them since. She was accident free (even at night) for the last several months but recently she's been having many accidents per day. It's not even noon here yet and I've already had to change her undies AND pants 3 times today. It's like she just doesn't want to do it anymore or she's too busy playing to go potty anymore. I did stop the rewards months ago because by now I would think she knows what to do.

The other thing that might be an issue (not sure what it has to do with the potty but maybe she's stressed?) but my DH does work out of state, she just saw him in February for a weekend and after that is really when the accidents began to be every single day. This last visit was the hardest, she was crying this time, screaming "daddy please don't leave me". My only guess for why she's having accidents is b/c of this.

Could this regression be psychological b/c Daddy's not around? If you've ever experiences accidents after a long period of being dry, what was the cause? She's going to be 3 in 3 weeks.

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bbmkfo03
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM

BUMP!

momtwo2009
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:37 AM

My son did the same thing. I have been pt him since Aug 2011 and just this past march i thought he had it. He went 2 weeks straight with out accidents day or  night. however, all of a sudden he just start having accidents and I am smh. So now we are back to square 1 putting him back on potty every half hr.

bbmkfo03
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:00 AM

It's so frustrating! I'm taking her for her 3 year check up today to ask the ped what I can do to help her. I'll let you know if she gives me any good pointers! Good luck to you :)

Quoting momtwo2009:

My son did the same thing. I have been pt him since Aug 2011 and just this past march i thought he had it. He went 2 weeks straight with out accidents day or  night. however, all of a sudden he just start having accidents and I am smh. So now we are back to square 1 putting him back on potty every half hr.

paradise924
by on May. 20, 2012 at 1:04 PM

My daughter turned 4 in March and still has pee accidents....so I wouldn't worry as your daughter is just 2! 

JanieJo
by Member on May. 21, 2012 at 8:51 AM

My son is 5 and still does, pee and poop. My daughter will be 4 in July and is not potty trained

momtwo2009
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:02 AM

okay! and good luck to you as well!

Quoting bbmkfo03:

It's so frustrating! I'm taking her for her 3 year check up today to ask the ped what I can do to help her. I'll let you know if she gives me any good pointers! Good luck to you :)

Quoting momtwo2009:

Custer7306
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter did the same thing, and had a big battle.  Its just that she didn't want to take the time out to pee, would rather play.

If its watching TV or playing with grandparents don't want to miss a thing.    We just had to finally watch and acknolege when she has to go, and turn everything off and say. NO, you are not going to do this until you go to the bathroom.  Its alot faster to take the time out to go potty.  It will be here when you get back, i promise.  (IF its watching TV and you can pause it, show her that)    

If she doesn't want to go to the potty and when she goes in her panties.....make her sit somewhere for 3 minutes (her age) explain to her, that when she does this...its not right and she's going to loose more time playing than if she would have just gone in the first place.  I always talk to my child like an adult. Explain to her what Daddy is doing and why he is gone..." such as....he is working to make money to buy us stuff" " i always told my daughter...." i have to go to work to be able to buy you stuff. "birthday christmas"  " daddy has to go to work to give us a place to live, food to eat, ect."  

I hope this stuff works for you!! :)
Have a great week! 

wendyjoe
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:00 AM

i'm gonna have to give you a bump my 4 year old just started having accidents again and it started shortly after my 3 year got completely potty trained. good luck to ya.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)