Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this a sign?!?!

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:42 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

my son took off his poopy diaper, opened up his wipes, took one out, wiped his own butt, put the dirty wipe in the diaper and brought the whole thing to me....and he didnt have a poopy diaper on for hours or something i had JUST changed him less than 20 minutes before hand.

he is only 19 months old but is this a sign that he is finally ready?  i have been trying to be very patient and wait for him to show me he is ready to potty train.  so what do you think is this a weird fluke or a sign that he finally "gets it"???

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mariesmama
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:12 PM

i dunno my dd was ready the week she turned 2 6 monthes later shes still working on it

EDDES
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:06 PM

OMG he is so smart; that is excellent okay then, start putting him on the potty and let him see for himself how you go to the potty and then he can go to the potty and he will probably be finished with toilet training very early.

He is ready for the potty training process because he is showing signs of understanding that the diaper goes off and the wipes are for cleaning. toddler boy

tansyflower
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

YAY!  so would you keep the potty chair in the bathroom or ina more common room where he can get to it easier?  right now the bathroom is "off limits" because he likes to dunk our toothbrushes in the toilet lol :)

Quoting EDDES:

OMG he is so smart; that is excellent okay then, start putting him on the potty and let him see for himself how you go to the potty and then he can go to the potty and he will probably be finished with toilet training very early.

He is ready for the potty training process because he is showing signs of understanding that the diaper goes off and the wipes are for cleaning. toddler boy

EDDES
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

That is up to you; but, I would just watch him for the signs and go with the flow and take him there or where ever he can go potty in whichever bathroom that he can, so he can learn how to sit and wait and do his thing, consistently.

Yay!!!!!!!!! Alright. He is doing it.you rock

mommi2be88
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:27 PM

My son started doing similar things, and that is how I knew he was ready to use the potty. He is doing fine, but if he is playing outside, he usually won't tell me.

mrsniebo
by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:13 PM

It sounds like a sign of readiness to me. Good luck!

mommy_2_be_2010
by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
azrafreas
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I would say that it is a good idea to have a potty chair ready because he is aware that he is dirty therefore I would say yes

momtoMandC
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:44 PM

ewww I hear you on that! Mine likes to put his hand in there! I would say put it in a convenient spot... where he frequents most. At least that is what I do ... It's in the living room LOL

Quoting tansyflower:

YAY!  so would you keep the potty chair in the bathroom or ina more common room where he can get to it easier?  right now the bathroom is "off limits" because he likes to dunk our toothbrushes in the toilet lol :)

Quoting EDDES:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)