Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support
My son will be 3 in aug an refuses to tell me befor she peed that he needs to go. He knows when he has to go but waits till he's already goin to say anything. I'm so ready to give up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Replies (11-18):
19_mommy
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM
well we still cat get him to poop.
Femommy
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Don't give up... I found this idea that you buy a middle/big basket and put lots of goodies in it. It can be snacks, toys, cute socks, bows, ect.... You can get some from dollar store. But each time they pee or poop they are aloud to get something from it. I'm loving this idea and can't wait to use it. I did stickers with my daughter and it worked ok.
19_mommy
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:56 AM

i tried prizes still nothin. his pedi just tells me to wait but hell b 4 in aug. an i have a 3 month old now buying pull up for him an diapers is a hassle

Quoting Femommy:

Don't give up... I found this idea that you buy a middle/big basket and put lots of goodies in it. It can be snacks, toys, cute socks, bows, ect.... You can get some from dollar store. But each time they pee or poop they are aloud to get something from it. I'm loving this idea and can't wait to use it. I did stickers with my daughter and it worked ok.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

CafeMom Tickers

19_mommy
by on May. 21, 2013 at 7:05 AM

update. he pees in the potty no problem we been pull up free for a month but he wont poop in the potty i have a lil seat even to ensure he wont fall in but he wont. he holds it till he cant anymore an it ends up in my floor or his pants. thankfull i dont have carpet so easy clean up

Femommy
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:13 PM

My son is 21 months and I started when he was 12 months. Just introducing the potty because he would always follow me to the bathroom. I would sit him on it while I was pottying too. Well I wasn't ready because he is my last and I just wanted to hold on to that a little longer. Well I started back last week and with stickers he is doing a good job. Still accidents every now and then. Oh and he wont poop in potty either. I changed him to underwear and that is what he has been wearing for a full week now. On the occasion of going out. His dad isn't ready for the mess if he pees. :/

xmkj2011
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Put a cheerio or fruit loop into the toilet and tell him to hit target, or something that is small and easily goes down. If he does it/attemt, congradulate him a token of something.

JanieJo
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:38 PM
DS is 6 and still poops in his pants.wish I knew what to tell ya
19_mommy
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Finally 100% trained
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN