Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

What is the 3 day method?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2008 at 6:48 PM
  • 2 Replies
My dd is 18 months old and only once in a while will tell me when she is wet but usually lets me know when she has gone poopy. She now refuses to keep her diaper on. Unless I have her in a onsie or some pants she is trying to get out of the diaper and has gone potty on the floor a couple of times. Thius is my first child and I really don't know but it seems like she's ready to potty train. I got her the potty and was keeping it in the bathroom so she could sit on it when mommy goes to the bathroom but when she started going potty on the floor I brought it into the living room. Now she thinks it's a toy, so it's back in the bathroom. I want to get her potty trained as quickly as possible and 3 days would be amazing. What is the 3 day method and is my dd ready for it?

Group Owner "Some Place Else Like No Place Else"     

A place for Art, Philosophy, sex, drugs, music, relationships, friends, games, advice, what if's and much more.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/someplace

by on Jul. 14, 2008 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
landansmommy87
by on Jul. 15, 2008 at 6:14 PM
I just started with the 3 day method on sunday and thats the same thing my son was doing.He is 20 months and he was taking his diaper off as soon as he peed in it almost every single time.I finally got tried of it and decided to try to potty train him.I started out just taking him every 30 minutes or so and that worked ok but then he started to cry when i would bring him.I mean what kid wants to stop what tehy're doing and go potty right? so i started the 3 day method.Sunday he was having nothing but accidents but today i can honestly say he is about 90% there as far as pee-pee.Its where you put the child in undies and a t-shirt.It works best if you limit them to one-two rooms so you can watch them.You devote the entire three day to just watching the child's every move.As soon as you see the child starting to poop/pee take them to the potty asap.Even if they finish in the floor before you get them there still bring them eevry time and remind them that they are to go in the potty.I have been giving me ds a piece of candy when he goes and he looks foward to going now.Be sure to clap and make a big deal if they do go.I would suggest leaving the potty in the bathroom so she knows tahts wheer we go.You might have to give her a toy or something to play with while sitting to make her sit longer.You will also need lots and lots of underwear.I have 12 pairs and i just washed them the other day now im washing again lol.It might not get done in 3 days but then again it might only take 3 days anyhow it is a great method.

Group owner of the 3 day potty training method support group

http://www.cafemom.com/group/52352

mandy88
by on Jul. 15, 2008 at 6:28 PM
Thanks! That actually sounds like it might work very well!

Group Owner "Some Place Else Like No Place Else"     

A place for Art, Philosophy, sex, drugs, music, relationships, friends, games, advice, what if's and much more.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/someplace

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)