Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

Worried

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2008 at 9:15 AM
  • 0 Replies

Hi, everyone.  My daughter is ari is almost two and half, when we first started potty training she did fabulous, in one day she learned the feeling of when to go and how to hold it to get to the potty in time.  One day my husband put her on the potty because she said she had to go poop, but she was constipated and it hurt her so bad to get it out she was in tears.  She had never been constipated before that, so she associated the potty with the pain and has ever since been scared to go on the potty.  I gave it a rest for a while and just recently started trying again, she is still refusing and now she is so worked up about it that she is even afraid to go in her diaper.   She holds her pee all day and hasnt pooped for three days now.  The doctor told me I need to collect a urine sample to make sure there is no infection, but she wont even pee to let me take the sample.  I have put the potties away, and I havent mentioned anything about the potty to her but she still gets really upset when she has to pee even in her diaper.  I am very worried about the effects this will have on her body and future potty training.  What do I do?  Please if anyone know... HELP.

thanks,

angie

by on Jul. 31, 2008 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)