Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

help~potty troubles

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2008 at 10:58 AM
  • 3 Replies

My son will be 3 jan. 27 and he has no interest in the potty at all.  Not peeing or pooing.  we have even tried offering him candy.  I ask him like 20 times a day, and sometimes he says ok i need to potty.  So he will strip off his diaper and just sit on the potty and say ok all done i want candy, and he doesn't do a thing.  Is it time for me to start pull-ups?  I'm not exactly sure how pull-ups work or even if they help.  I need help just getting him to want to go in the potty.  He loves watchin my husband and I go, but he just wont do it.  Any help is appreciated!! 

by on Sep. 8, 2008 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kerijeanbean
by on Sep. 9, 2008 at 5:10 PM

I would back off for a couple of months.  He may show interest.  Pull Ups are good if the child is already interested and trying because they can get them on and off themselves.  They also have ones that have a cool feel feature so they feel cold when the child pees.  They are great because they are still like diapers and don't make the huge mess you get when your child does have an accident.  I don't think I would go to Pull Ups yet since there is no real interest yet.  Just my opinions.

Keri
Mom to
Chris 3/27/2000
Blaine 12/15/2005

lovinlife0607
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 3:45 PM

To be completely honest... drop the diapers AND the pull ups!!!!  When I started getting my DD pull ups it was no different then her wearing diapers.  She used them just the same.  When we put regular panties on her it was tough at first but she's doing great!!!!  Trust me, you will get frustrated the first day or so but it will be totally worth it!!!  Good luck!!!

pregnantLilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

I AM!!
Helping YOU WORK FROM a healthy HOME! www.enhancinglivesfromhome.com    
mommytobrooke
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Pull ups are much more expensive then diapers and a lot less in the package! I used them and today we went straight to big girl panties. She is very hard headed and also wanted nothing to do with the potty. She will be 3 in November. I wouldn't give him candy if he isn't going. We give a small sticker for trying and if she goes # 1 then she gets a few m&m's or a larger sticker and if she goes # 2 then a lollipop. Tell him if he wants a treat he needs to be a big boy and use the potty. Maybe have your husband take him and encourage him along. Good Luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN