Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

started 4 hours ago ***update***

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2008 at 10:57 AM
  • 4 Replies

and im tired already. he wont even go in the bathroom today with out crying. ive been asking him every 20 minutes or so if he wants to try and he wont. but he comes straight to me if hes gone already. i cant tell what his cues are. should i finish out this day and wait a bit before i try again?

ok today i give up. we will try again in a few weeks. he sat on the potty 3 times today and just wont go on it. we put his underwear back on and he goes to play and 5 minutes later hes soaked and so is my floor. i just felt so exhausted and when i saw the puddle i just wanted to cry . so we are back on pull ups and i will still take him to try but im done with the underwear for a bit. i just felt like i was gonna start gettting mad at him and i know that wont help.frustrated

by on Oct. 20, 2008 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lps1dragonfly
by on Oct. 20, 2008 at 5:52 PM

ok its 6 pm and we've had all accidents but just a bit ago he willing sat on the potty for about half an hour looking at books. i'm starting to feel better about this. ;)

kraziekim
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 8:19 AM

I felt the same when I started, She also would come up to me after the fact and said that she went pee pee. I had her take me to it, then I got a rag for her to clean it up, teaching her a little responsibility. By the end of the first day she went # 2 and #1 in the potty. I felt so proud of her. DD and i are now on day 3. She has been up now for an hour and a half, and so far no accidents. Day 2 in the morning I felt like I was starting at square one, so if this happens to you don't give up. Good luck

lps1dragonfly
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 10:15 AM

well started second day about 3 hours ago. he wouldnt come down from his room so i know he went in his diaper first thing but he did come down and sat on the potty for half an hour with out giving me attitude. but about 20 minutes later while he was eatin he peed. he was right in front of me and i had no idea he did it until he started looking down and he was all wet. we just ried again since hes had almost 3 cups of milk. i even turned on the faucet but no go so in 15 we shall go again. *sigh* i feel like im spending all day in the bathroom. but he did actually blow his nose for the first time today yay!!!!!happy

mommytobrooke
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Keep at it. He will have lots of accidents but it will click. My daughter has been in underwear for over a week..the first week was full of accidents and I felt like all I did was laundry. We are still having accidents but she is realizing it before it gets out of hand. Another thing I learned is asking them if they need to go is always NO..so we changed it to Tell Mommy/Daddy when you need to use the potty! It has been working for us. Good Luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)