Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

How old is too old for potty training (HELP!!)

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2008 at 9:32 AM
  • 2 Replies

My son just turned 3 in October and we've been tying for a couple of months to potty train.  Is he too old now that he may just not be interested in training? I'm about to start the 3 day method as soon as I can have a couple of days off.  I want him to learn so bad!  He's gonna start preschool next year and i'm having my second boy in april so i need him to be as independent as possible.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
by on Nov. 29, 2008 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kerijeanbean
by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 9:59 AM

I don't think they can ever be too old for potty training.  My son will be 3 in 15 days.  I have been working with him, but since he still refuses to poop on the potty I haven't been pushing the issue.  I also will be having a baby in February so I am afraid he will regress anyway so I haven't been trying to hard with him.  I say go for it once you get a few days to do it.  Hopefully he will be trained in no time.  Congrats on your upcoming baby.

Keri
Mom to
Chris 3/27/2000
Blaine 12/15/2005

SurvivorMom316
by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 8:39 PM

I don't think there is any such thing as too old. My son (who has autism) is 4 1/2, and this method is working for us...though it is taking longer than 3 days for him to "get it." Each day is getting better, though. The biggest hurdle is not to let yourself get frustrated or discouraged. Try to smile and keep a positive attitude! Good Luck!

"My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trials and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

praying

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)