Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

What now?

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 10:42 PM
  • 2 Replies

Ok my daughter is 21 months she only drinks from a cup, she sleeps in a twin bed through the night and has pretty much trained herself to go poop in the potty. She has only had one poop accident  in 2 weeks and in all fairness she had diareah so I don't really count it as an accident. Because she has been requesting to go and doing a fabulous job on her own with out me even asking her to go, i thought maybe it was time for us to try the 3 day method for pee pee. She HATES it! She refuses to try period. We started yesterday and had nothing but pee pee accidents and she only got on the potty a handful of times after begging and bribing. Today we had one poop and one pee in the potty and again only got her on the potty a handful of times after begging and bribing. I have tried everything to make it exciting for her but she just absolutely does not want to sit on the potty for pee. We have a sticker chart and an elmo that goes potty (her favorite). What do I do now? Should I keep trying or do we give up for now and go back to pull-ups? I am so confused I don't want to push her and I don't want her to feel like I don't believe in her b/c I do and I know she can do it! She tells me she has to go but doesn't get on the potty and doesn't want diaper changes either! She isn't a tantrum thrower and is normally agreeable! Any advice what now?  

by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ashlavine
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 3:09 PM

with my oldest i would have her sit on the potty once and hour for so many minutes. I started at one minute and gradually increased the time til ten minutes. after every time she sat on the potty without getting up for the full time i would let he put a sticker up on a chart i had hung on the bathroom wall. At the end of a row of stickers (10 stickers) i would have a reward like baking cookies with mommy or going to the park. After so long she eventually peed while sitting down and after so many times it wasn't so intimidating to her and she started doing it on her own. It took about a week.

mommacan
by on Dec. 29, 2008 at 8:17 PM

What the book states is tokeep a close eye on her and put her on the toilet everytime she starts to pee. Consistently. It says to throw away diapers completly so the child knows that diapers are not an option. After 1-2 days its suppose to just "click".

since you have been back and forth with diapers she may be confused. You may need to take the potty away and go completly on diapers for a couple weeks then throw away the diapers, get out the potty and start the 3day process...Just a thought.

I am a potty traiing virgin so I am going from the 3day book, we are staring the process wed and I am throwing away the diapers!!!!  I am scared :)

Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN