Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just joined

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 8:52 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I just joined and I had already considered just throwing her into some underwear and watching her, she's 21 months old right now and tells me when she goes peepee and poop in her diaper so I've been trying to work on here, but i haven't actually spend a whole day with her in underwear. Has any one had this method not work? or did it take a lot longer than 3 days? I know that all babies are different, I'm just kind of curious on what to expect. thanks.

by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mommacan
by on Dec. 29, 2008 at 8:41 PM

I am in your same boat!! My dd tells me when she has to go and is insistent about being changed when she is dirty. Santa Brought her a potty and grandma got her big girl undies so we are starting the process WEDNESDAY. I am so not ready...LOL...I have a 3 month old as well as my 21month old so I know it will be crazy but worth it.

The book is a good read, I plan to post some highlights very soon in this group. It states that if you are consistent, do go back to diapers, never use pull ups then it will be successful. Its really all up to the parents on how successful it will be. Granted 3 days is an average. Your LO could be a 2 day or 4 day learner but overall not more than a week. I am a potty training virgin so I don't have physical proof but I have to admit I don't have time to start, stop, switch etc. I need to train her he first time... I know high hopes right :)

Good luck with your decision!

avzi
by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 2:23 AM

Hello,My name is Valerie.

I have a 3 year old Zoey who was potty trained at  2 years old and it was really easy.Now my 2 year old Ivey who will be 3 in June is so lazy,she doesn't want to try and go potty.I try and put pull ups on her and she hate them and fights me when i out them on.i need help with her. i also have a 7 week old so i very busy with all three,but i really wanna put Ivey in preschool in September.So I gonna try hard to potty train her.Any advice anyone?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)