Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

What you will need!

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2008 at 9:35 PM
  • 33 Replies

What you will need before you start!

* Your child’s favorite liquid and plenty of it!

* Your child’s favorite special snack (i.e. Fruit snacks, M&Ms, Crackers etc).

* Big Kid underwear, at least 20 pair. It will be helpful if your child helps pick out their favorite design. Do NOT purchase pull ups, this only confuses your child since pull-ups are diaper like. 

* Potty chair or potty seat

by on Dec. 29, 2008 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zarinamarie0
by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 2:29 PM

you mean get my daughter panties like I wear or the cloth diapers?

MamaOfTwinsN1
by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Quoting zarinamarie0:

panties.  The program requires that you get rid of ALL diapers in the house (so that you are not tempted to switch back to them) and you teach them that they are to keep their panties dry.

mommacan
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Exactly Right! Big Girl Panties all the way.

Quoting MamaOfTwinsN1:

Quoting zarinamarie0:

panties.  The program requires that you get rid of ALL diapers in the house (so that you are not tempted to switch back to them) and you teach them that they are to keep their panties dry.

mellygirl77
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 10:56 PM

May I also suggest LOTS of paper towels for the accidents!  I went through a whole roll the first day!  It got better after that!  My son trained in 5 dayse which, even though it took longer than the 3 days, I think is a huge accomplishment!

joelsmommy
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Quoting mellygirl77:

May I also suggest LOTS of paper towels for the accidents!  I went through a whole roll the first day!  It got better after that!  My son trained in 5 dayse which, even though it took longer than the 3 days, I think is a huge accomplishment!

Wow I will be thrilled if we get it done in five days......Congrats!  My son is just over 2 1/2 and is definately ready.  He spent this past weekend at his grandmas house while I was out of town and when I got back the first thing he told me was "mommy I go poop in the potty" I was sooo proud of him.  We are going to spend next weekend in what I have been calling potty training boot camp.  He goest to preschool during the day which I already talked to his teacher and she is all for helping me out.  I hope to have as much success as other people on here.  If anyone else has any other tips or ideas please let me know.  The more info the better!!!

sweetsol
by on Apr. 2, 2009 at 6:39 PM

training pants okay to use?

kimmykat
by on Apr. 3, 2009 at 9:04 AM

How about the training undies that have the little padding.They look just like big boy undies(not the pull ups) 

Lilypie 3rd Birthday TickerMyspace Pregnancy Countdown Clocks

sweetsol
by on Apr. 3, 2009 at 12:06 PM

that's what we use....

Quoting kimmykat:

How about the training undies that have the little padding.They look just like big boy undies(not the pull ups) 

sunshinepraying
by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 7:44 PM

I had the training cotton underwear, but found out that it was the wrong thing to use..they want you to use underwear like you guys wear..REAL underwear. It helps them to feel it more, makes it smell, trickles down their legs, etc. It may be gross, but it's suppsed to help them to get it faster.

MelanieniePooh
by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 12:23 AM

This method suggest you use regular undies. Like the momma before me said. The padded kind hug to much like a diaper & your LO will think it's okay to go in them & won't get the gross feeling of pee running down their legs.

Quoting sweetsol:

that's what we use....

Quoting kimmykat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN