Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

Lets begin!

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2008 at 10:05 PM
  • 2 Replies

Lets Begin!

I recommend looking into the Lora Jenson Ebook at http://www.3daypottytraining.com/?PIA66171AYEX this book is copyrighted so in order for me to not get in trouble I will give you some high lights, the book has a lot more info in it than I have provided.

Start the process off by dressing your child in big kid underwear and a T-shirt only. You and your child must throw away al the diaper in the house. Both need to know there is no going back. Next give liquids and keep eyes on your child reminding them every 30 mins to tell you if they have to potty. When you catch them in the act, say yuck run to the potty, let them finish on the potty and praise their accomplishments. Finally give a snack without saying it's for using the potty. Keep doing this every time you catch your child in the act.

Once your child starts going in the potty when asked or by them praise praise praise them. Call a friend for more praise!

That night stop liquids 2-3 hours before bed. At bed time have them potty, dress them in underwear and put them to bed. Wake them the next morning just before their normal wake time and put them on the toilet. Start day two and three as you did day one.

Your child will just get it one day and you will know when that it. Good luck and happy potty training!

by on Dec. 29, 2008 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bamababe1975
by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Yep, stopping liquids well in advance of bedtime helped us tremendously when training the girls so they had fewer nighttime accidents, and they were completely trained, and nighttime dry, within a very short time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)