Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to group

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 10:16 AM
  • 1 Replies

I tried this method for the most part with my 20 month old (at the time) He is now 21 months and has got it down for the most part. He was pretty easy as far as pooping goes but the first 2-3 weeks he couldn't hold his pee for more than 30-40 minutes. With Christmas right in the middle of the process I thought he would regress but he didn't have any accidents that day! The only thing people keep telling me is that he's not really old enough because he can't get his pants off all the way by himself and he can't get on the potty by himself. I'm willing to help him for now though.LOL

Just as a suggestion to other moms who are just starting: If your child likes books take one in the bathroom with you and read it while they sit on the potty. It will make them more willing to sit and wait for their potty to come. (it's really good for pooping so they do it all in the potty) I also pushed on my son's tummy the first couple times and told him to push so he would push his stomach against my hands. Now he can push on his own and it helps him poop and pee.

So basically it took us about 4 weeks to get to 0-1 accidents per day and now he tells me for the most part! It was hard and I do admit I got frustrated a few times at the beginning but now my life is diaper free until my next one comes any day now!!

by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mommacan
by on Dec. 30, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Thats great to know!! Thanks for the advice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)