Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Day 1 in our journey

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2009 at 1:41 PM
  • 0 Replies

We started this method yesterday bright and early. I got her up and into her big girl panties and we started the day! We had gone through 3 panties and not made it to the potty in time all with in the first hour. The day did get a bit better though. She peeed in the potty, once by asking and taking the other 2 times by rushing when we saw signs. She also finished pooping in the potty on one occasion as well.

The morning was definitely easier then the after noon. I think that she was so excited and confused at nap time that she refused to sleep. So after an hour of screaming we got her up and continued the day. The afternoon she was exhausted both mentally and physically so it was less productive. We put her to bed 1.5 hours early and she slept through the night.

Overall the day was as I expected it to be, My LO was learning the potty process so we had messes and more messes but I think she is SLOWLY getting it.

What I learned: You really have to watch your child...really watch! They go from dry to wet in a second and if you miss that chance to say yuck and have them finish in the potty then you really miss a chance to teach them, I admit a couple of the accidents were my fault. I left her for a second to get a drink, or I let her wonder to another room with out me etc. All those times she was not right in front of me she had an accident.

In addition their little brains need time to process. All of the changes and new skills really wear down your LO. So its important to have low key activities planned (like coloring) and that its OK to have extra naps or to be put down early. The "break" really helped my little one.

by on Jan. 1, 2009 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)