Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its working

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:46 AM
  • 3 Replies
So here is whats been working for us. I have a 21mo old daughter that I have started to train on monday.

Monday- I kept asking if she needed to go telling her to tell me if she needed too as well ,giving her water and lots of snacks she wanted nothing to do with the potty she would kick and scream if i even asked her we only made it there once to go poop.

Tue- I kept asking, giving water ect. she still wanted nothing to do with the potty but we did make it once to go pee.

I was ready to give up at this point and i think she was too.

Wed- I woke up in a great mood and so did she So i figured i would give it one more shot. I decided i wouldnt bug her today i just told her if you need to go say "peepee potty mommy" i kept with the water and snacks but wasnt as pushy about it. At the start of the day when she needed to pee she would look at me and say "uhoh " and we would run to the potty she didnt have any accidents !!!!

Thur- We are still on a good note she is not telling me when she needs to go "peepee potty mama" and we run run she still isnt sure about poop but we havent had any accidents today either !!!!!

I think she is really getting the hang of it. I think alot of it had to do with me just re-stating over and over to her to tell mommy when you need to go the first two days she caught on and by wed she was excited and i let her take control and think it was her "idea" instead of asking her every 15min if she needed to go i would let her tell me and if i saw her doing the "potty dance" i would ask her. So far so good Im keeping my fingers crossed
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mommacan
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:46 PM

I am really excited for you and your dd!!! I am glad you didn't stop and you are seeing success. I admit on day one I thought "no way will this work" (I was exhausted and on overload from being with my dd ALL day with no break!) but I stayed optimistic and by morning day 3 she is doing great. Its like you said as soon as my dd figured out it was her decission , she used the potty and didn't have an accident but when I asked she always said no and had an accident. Oh our stubborn girls :)

Keep us updated on how things continue!

melanielp
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Just wondering, I haven't reaad all the post here yet, but why the water and snacks? Sorry if you read this in a post or whatever just curious.?

mommacan
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Give the liquids so they go more and have more opportuity to learn to pee in potty. the snacks are a kind of reward when they do pee in the potty. Even if they just finish peeing the potty. It helps them associate peeing in the potty to good things. You can use snacks or you could use stickers (etc). What ever will work for you and your child.

Quoting melanielp:

Just wondering, I haven't reaad all the post here yet, but why the water and snacks? Sorry if you read this in a post or whatever just curious.?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)