Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

Day 2 SUCKS!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 12:20 PM
  • 6 Replies

So I started yesterday. We got big girl panties and began our mission! Lola is 2 years and 2 months now and I'm ready. She was cloth diapered and I'm just tired of it...she's a smart cookie and I know this can be done....

BUT OMG! Day one was actually OK....she seemed remorseful when she wet herself. We went through 8 or 9 wet panties and cleanings....but she went on the potty about 7 times....so almost equal!

I put her in a diaper last night for bed...woke her up at 8 am after a long, long night and she was dry! YaY...immediatly put her on potty...she went eventually. Up until about 11 this morning things have been great...a few potty trips, and no wet panties...but then all of a sudden she peed like 3 times in a row in her panties...and it was like she didn't even care...didn't make a face, say anything...nothing!!!

SOOO...I just put her down for a nap in last nights diaper...I'm going crazy....will she ever get it? Is there something I can do differently? Or just keep cleaning up the pee??

HELP!

Coweta County Mom's...click on the map! 

by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mom2Jayson
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 12:27 PM

I've always heard it's confusing for them to be switched back to a diaper/pull up (even just for overnight).  It's almost like it's telling them it's okay to go back to peeing in their pants.  HANG IN THERE!  I did the 3 day with my son (2.5 years) and he did SO WELL (oooooo was it hard though!), up until yesterday.  I went back to work after being off  for a week and it was like he had forgotten everything.  My sister (she watches him for me) told me he would always tell her when he had to go potty, but after he had already gone.  Best advice is to definitely stick with it (and maybe try to keep her in big girl undies all the time).  After all, if it does take a little longer than the 3 days, to me it's a heck of a lot better than months/years!  Good luck momma!

mommacan
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Its like anything...it gets worse, alot worse before it gets even a little better! We were the same...day two afternoon I was very disappointed. I was so frustrated she wasn't even trying. But day three was better and now on day 7 she is doing great! We have 1-2 accidents on day 4 and 5 and NO accidents on days 6 and 7 (today).

So stick with it! And yes keep cleaning uo the messes and keep asking and keep rushing her to the potty. It will click! :)

LolaRain
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 10:33 PM
Are we really just training ourselves to take them to the toilet? I mean she acts like/cant even pull down her own panties. I can't imagine her ever just walking up to the potty and going! Argh. Day 2 did get a little better tho-but only because I got quicker!

mommacan
by on Jan. 9, 2009 at 2:13 PM

How is it going now? Better or worse? My dd is 21 months and can't pull down her pants so I think going by her self is a ways off for us but she does say she has to potty and I run her to the potty where she goes. So I am OK with that for now :)

Do you live in Cowetta County GA? I am in Douglas County GA. Small world :)

Quoting LolaRain:

Are we really just training ourselves to take them to the toilet? I mean she acts like/cant even pull down her own panties. I can't imagine her ever just walking up to the potty and going! Argh. Day 2 did get a little better tho-but only because I got quicker!

LolaRain
by on Jan. 9, 2009 at 3:25 PM
I sure do live in Coweta County! Very small world :) Today is day 5 for us. Yesterday was MUCH better-she even started going without telling me. She would come walking out of the bathroom holding her potty with pee in it! But we did have three accidents. Today we left the house for 5 hrs. Peed 5 times in the public potty! One accident this morning before we left though. She still hasn't gone poo in the potty yet. But I do feel good about how far we've come in only 5 days! Now hopefully she will keep it up! Yay.

mommacan
by on Jan. 9, 2009 at 6:38 PM

She definitly sounds like she is doing good. It took sydney until day 5 or 6 to get the poop down too. they do that less so less time to practice. I am so happy its going good for you. I hate public restrooms...i think i am going to start carrying a travel potty in my car to save me some trrouble.

Quoting LolaRain:

I sure do live in Coweta County! Very small world :) Today is day 5 for us. Yesterday was MUCH better-she even started going without telling me. She would come walking out of the bathroom holding her potty with pee in it! But we did have three accidents. Today we left the house for 5 hrs. Peed 5 times in the public potty! One accident this morning before we left though. She still hasn't gone poo in the potty yet. But I do feel good about how far we've come in only 5 days! Now hopefully she will keep it up! Yay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)