Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

Quick update!

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 2:01 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hi all!!!

So, day 5 we left the house for about 6 hours and did GREAT! Went potty each time I asked (on public toilet). She had one accident that morning. One more the next morning. And then day 7 she had 3 accidents. VERY strange, but day 7 also brought us POO ON POTTY :)

She started yelling about going potty and I took her...within a few seconds she was going. Awesome!

Now it's day 8. Woke up to a small pee from overnight sleeping (unusal) and today has been flawless so far. Asking to go everytime...and pooped (I hate that word, I'd rather use a different word when speaking to adults, but I'm being good :)) again!

So, apparently...something is working...and I love it!!! I honestly didn't believe it would be this simple and I'm sure it isn't. I assume we may regress a teency bit here or there, but for the most part I'm freaking THRILLED!!!

Coweta County Mom's...click on the map! 

by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
DrusL8y
by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 11:04 PM

YAY!! I'm so happy for you two! I just want to encourage you to ask her less and less and just stick to reminding her to tell you when she needs to go. That'll give her to confidence to do it on her own and also give her the chance to remind herself, "Oh! I need to potty!" Those might be where the accidents are coming from. She's not really "remembering" until you mention it. So she may have a few more accidents when you start reminding her vs asking her, but she'll be sure to get it bc she's still doing great with you asking! You just don't want to be in a situation where you forget to ask and she feels it's not necessary to tell you ya know? Congrats again!

Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them. ~James Baldwin

mommacan
by on Jan. 13, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I am so happy to hear how great things are going!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN