Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

Need help with poop

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2009 at 9:27 PM
  • 2 Replies

I started potty training my dd last Monday and she has done very well, except with poop.  She is scared to poop in the potty so she has been holding it and I had to give her a suppository yesterday and today because she will say poop and then just sit on the potty and say "No! Owie!" again and again.  She will not poop in her panties or the potty.  It has ended out hurting her when she poops because she holds it until she gets constipated and then when she does poop she cries the whole time.  Afterwards I make it a huge deal of it and let her have a popcycle and paint because she loves those things, but it is so traumatic during that I don't know that it is making up for it.  Does anyone have any advice for me?

by on Jan. 13, 2009 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
anderson316
by on Jan. 13, 2009 at 9:51 PM

I wish I could help. I am having some of the same issues. Although not that bad. She will go every other day. She use to go every day though. She refuses to go in her panties so she will hold it. SHe tries to go on the potty and then just says she cant. Finally she does go but it is usually after the 10th time of trying. Sorry I am not help.

DrusL8y
by on Jan. 14, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Honestly, it's still a success bc she knows how to hold it! That's truly learned! Have you thought about playing her game? Be sure to give her foods that are natural laxatives and keep her stool soft like pears, prunes, prune juice, not giving too much sugars, giving her water instead of juices. That way, she knows she needs to go and she'll try to hold on to it for dear life, but it'll just run out! I know it sounds gross and she may have accidents, but for one, it shouldn't hurt coming out with it that soft and two, the accident will show her/remind her that she needs to do it over the potty. It might reinforce what you've been telling her all along, that she can do it and that mommy wouldn't let anything hurt her. She's a big girl!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN