Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im a grandma, need advice

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 2:16 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 144 Total Views

my daughter 17.5 yrs old and 10 weeks pregnant. she has decided to keep the baby and me n my hubby r trying to support her as best i can but need some help. so any advice is appreciated so here is my my frustration... she hardly eats , says everything make her sik. she has lost 13 lbs since finding out she preg she started out at 119 n now is 106. her bf lives with us since his family kicked him out. he wont go look for a job or do anything just plays video games n drinks n hang out... ugh... she nvr remembers to take her vitamin i have to constantly remind her for every lil thing... she wants me at every dr appt. wont speak up or say anything for herself.. she can be very mature at times but its like ever since this pregnancy she is lazy..she is just driving me crazy i explain to her she needs to eat but she tells me no baby is getting what it needs from the vitamin.. i just need advice on how best to support her and guide her without upsetting her.. also need help on getting her to c her boyfriend needs to step up..ugh pls help

by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
IWannaLoveAgain
by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 2:26 PM

get her the what to expect when you're expecting book. have her doctor sit down and explain to her what she needs to do and what baby needs while its in her womb. kick that loser baby daddy out. from my experience- being prego at 15 and my kids' dad being the same way- i wish my mom would've made me stop seeing him LONG before I decided he wasnt worth it. and if he's anything like my loser ex, this is only a preview of whats to come after the baby is born.

mom057
by New Member on Dec. 12, 2011 at 2:29 PM

thanks yeah i bought her the book its just thrown in her room... she is just like whatever abt everything... n abt him i try talking to her but she just dont seem to get it. i told her he has till end of january to start making some real efforts at finding a job or he is out of here. it isnt fair to me n my hubby

Erimar23
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 2:26 PM

I'm with you....my dd is 17teen and she is 14wweks and 1 day....we just found out....her and the boyfriend said they wanna do this and they are going to finish school and work....hubby and I are giving them all the suppport we have....his mom and dad and sister and brother are also.....that's all we can do is give support...and I'm going to help me dd as much as i can

mom057
by New Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 2:33 PM

well im trying to support her as much as possible. but its difficult when i see that he isnt doing anything. now he says he is going to go to school so wants to get financial aid.. but wants the aid to buy a car? it doesnt make sense to me sounds like he just trying to find a quik way to get money or something there are trade schools all around where we live he sd wants to get a trade ... wtf... im not buying it everyday i leave to work he is nice and comfy asleep in bed... my hubby is on the road alot and he is all for supporting them and helping, but i know he is gonna start getting frustrated too.

Erimar23
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 4:02 PM

well my dd boyfriend is not moving into my house....he is going to work and go to school from his moms house....and my dd is staying right here until she finishes with school

good luck g-ma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)