Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ady's Journey : I've lost 20 lbs since Christmas

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 337 Total Views

Of all the successes that I have had with weight loss and healthy weight in my life... recently Ive had the biggest failure. I am (0r was) the same weight that I was when I delivered my child. AND the saddest part is... I lost that weight after the baby.... just to gain it back. At Christmas I needed to lose 90 lbs!!!! That is so hard to say when I spent most of my adult life just weighting 110 lbs.

I had tried... and succeeded on a lot of programs: herbalife, mike thurmond's 6 week body makeover, atkins, calorie counting, exercise alone, etc.

In college I was obsessed with working out and did it 7 days a week... sometimes a couple times a day. And I didnt eat much.... I actually had an unhealhty approach to my weight in college even though I very knowledgable about healthy eating habits and exercise techniques. But I was satisfied with the way I looked, and that's all that mattered in college. In fact I wasvery staisfied with the way I looked.... up until I met my husband.... It all went down hill from there!

1/22/11

But I'm making head way on my journey to look the way that I use to in College!

I have lost 20 lbs since Christmas.

And all Ive done is cut back on the salt and carbonation.... and watch what I'm eating.

I havent gone out to eat or had anything delivered. I haven't eaten processed foods.... Since I'm not working anymore, I have been cooking at night.

For lunch we have something quick, like a turkey sandwich with cheese cubes and half an apple.

I've jumped on the treadmill a couple times... but not enough to matter!

I have plateaued out though.... so it's time to kick it up a notch and really put some effort into it!

I know that I have had success with the 6 week body makeover in the past and it's a very healthy plan. But I've also had success with cutting calories and exercising.... so a decision must be made! I will update with what I'm going to do and then update my successes and failures. Maybe this way I will be accountable for failing or succeeding.

Group owner: Maury County (TN) and area moms 

by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
hendrickson
by Group Owner on Jan. 22, 2011 at 4:19 PM

I will update this often to keep an online journal.

hendrickson
by Group Owner on Feb. 1, 2011 at 1:41 PM

2/1/10 - well I haven't bumped it up a notch.... I'm still the same weight and that is because I havent put any effort into it. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)