Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:25 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 176 Total Views
Hi to all.  Guess I just needed a place to hang out while my son in law is deployed to Iraq for the second time.  He and my daughter, and my new grandson are stationed at Fort Stewart Georgia.  Like I said this is the second time around for him ( he just got back May of 06),  certainly the second time is no easier than the first time.  First time he was with the National Guard then the goof went active duty.  But we all have to do what we have to do and he needs to be in the military.  Sure doesn't make it easy for a mom.  But we are still proud of him as we are retired US Navy. 

Hope to chat with some of you and will read the posts.

The picture is of my son and grandson last tuesday before he left for Iraq.

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cherbst
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:28 AM

My husband has been in Iraq since August and should be home in about two months! This is a great place to talk to women who know how we feel  :)
jakeaboosmommy
by Group Owner on Jul. 26, 2007 at 10:21 AM
THANKS for joiing the group! my very good friend, (and w/a lil hope he we oculd be more than just friends when he comes home) is over in iraq rite now and has been deployed for almost 3 months, and theres only 4 1/2 months left til he comes home for leave.. its really hard being home waiting for him, but we r women, we make ppl, we can handle nething! lol
LauraNimitzmom
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2007 at 9:15 AM
He will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers. If you ever need someone to talk to , Im here for you..You can also email me at Laura_Aquila2002@yahoo.com  Hugs to you, Laura Nimitzmom

If you cant stand behind our Troops, Feel free to stand in frount of them...Laura Nimitzmom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)