• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cheap or free family fun?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:57 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 247 Total Views

Any of you have any great cheap or free family fun that you think someone else may not have thought of? Think of your summer and winter ideas!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kennedysmommie
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:48 AM

We just went to the Indianapolis Childrens museum with a friend and her son last Monday. Admission was free because it was Martin Luther King day. It was very crowded, but admission is normally around fifteen bucks a person. 

We do lots of local town carnivals and festivals especially in the summer. I usually find out about them by either through the paper or I also get our states free travel guide. I'm almost sure that all states send these for free if you request them. This year we went to probably seven to ten festivals I would guess and most were free or only pay a small amount for adults.

Rollin with Obama and crew in 09!

lucindamartinez
by on Feb. 2, 2009 at 10:41 AM

How about a family movie night?  Check out some movies at the local library (free) and make some popcorn.  Saves a whole bunch on movie tickets and you'd be amazed at the selection at the library.

When my children were young, I knew the free day for every place in town.  We would be all over at the Children's museum, History museum, etc.  I also love to take my children to the library.  They have an awesome schedule of various events and activities, especially throughout the summer, and the kids always had a great time with that.  Even now that they are teens, they still do the summer reading program every year for prizes and such.  All free of charge, as long as they return their library items on time. 

GoldenDawne
by on Feb. 2, 2009 at 6:56 PM

We liv rurally and we have little festivals all over, fireworks displays....free music concerts, walks on the beach (we live 45 minutes in 3 diretions from Lake Huron)

http://www.cafemom.com/group/53611 (Running a Household-Owner)
http://www.cafemom.com/group/50343    (Household Tips and Shortcuts- owner)http://www.cafemom.com/group/95237 (Homesteading, Self-Sufficiency and Off grid living)

dcwhite4him
by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 8:29 AM

My sister was telling me yesterday about free movie monday!!!!  You know the Redbox movie rental boxes at McD's and stuff....go to redbox.com and sign up with your cell phone number and they will text you a code each week for a free movie each monday!!!  Pretty cool!  I just went there and signed up.  Also if you sign up your email address you get a free night rental also!

wink

~*Dennell*~

whimsicalrebornnursery.webs.com

bubblemom101
by Group Owner on Feb. 16, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I just found out that our Museum of Natural History is free the first Monday of every month!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)