Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone . . .

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:10 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 137 Total Views

gotten a super dark positive on a home pregnancy test at 4 wks and still had a miscarriage?  Just curious.  I got a super dark positive on a hpt when af was just 3 days late.  Wondering if that is a good sign or doesn't mean anything at all.  I've had several losses and don't want to get my hopes up.

Mom of Kaylee and Kyra 10 yrs apart
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cjsk
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 7:39 PM
I dont know, bit heres a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nova.mommy
by Kristi Owner 1 on Jan. 28, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Mine were very light, so light it was almost non existant, I wondered if I was just imaging it.  A blood test from the doctor proved it for me.  I am sorry I don't know if super dark means anything.  Here's a bump hoping someone else knows.

I do know that any medicine you are taking can play with the results.

LaughsAlot
by Liz on Jan. 28, 2012 at 11:21 AM

no, mine was light colored....good luckfingers crossedbaby dust

happy2b101
by **Star poster** on Jan. 28, 2012 at 2:01 PM

my understanding is that the darkness of the line reflects how high your HCG levels are and they could be registering so high simply because your urine is highly concentrated if you weren't drinking a lot of water in the hours before you took the test.   that is why they say to take the tests in the morning to get the most accurate read because your urine is more concentrated then.  so it just might mean that you hadn't been drinking any water prior to the test.  but it definitely means you are pregnant, so congratulations.  I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted.  I know it is hard to think about anything else but I would try to not dwell on it too much and just keep positive thoughts....

Michelle2931
by Michelle Owner 2 on Jan. 31, 2012 at 10:01 AM

This is true..happy your good, lol!!! 

Angel I wish you tons of "baby dust" and a healthy pregnancy.  Have you re-tested? I am sending positive thoughts your way!!! fingers and toes are crossed for you!!

Quoting happy2b101:

my understanding is that the darkness of the line reflects how high your HCG levels are and they could be registering so high simply because your urine is highly concentrated if you weren't drinking a lot of water in the hours before you took the test.   that is why they say to take the tests in the morning to get the most accurate read because your urine is more concentrated then.  so it just might mean that you hadn't been drinking any water prior to the test.  but it definitely means you are pregnant, so congratulations.  I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted.  I know it is hard to think about anything else but I would try to not dwell on it too much and just keep positive thoughts....

hkittycat05
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Oddly enough, with my 2 girls, it was light pink both times, but with my 2 boys, it was very dark.  Best luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)