Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happily on my "second round"

Posted by   + Show Post

I have four kids, two in their late twenties, and two  under six.  Sometimes, when people hear this, they look at me like I have lost my marbles.  I am so happy to be a mom to all of my kids, but the first time around, I was very young-- under 20 when I started-- and the second time, both children were born after I was forty.   I am enjoying the chance to be a "grown-up" mom, even though I really notice how tiring things are now.  I am interested in writing about being a mother of young children  at different stages of life.  Thanks for this group!

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Replies (11-12):
SuperWoman8
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 2:41 PM

this is all nice to hear! :)

friend of mine had her first at 22. she later adopted 3 more. when I told her I wanted to have a baby (then I was in my late 30s) she told me that she couldn't even imagine babies at that point. I told her that I thought she was crazy back then and couild never have imagined a baby that young!

there's benefits to any age I think.

wiseacre
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:19 AM

It is true that there are benefits to being an older mom.  I think there is something great about groing up with your childen, which I definitely did wth my first two, but I am enjoying my current opportunity to be a "grown up" mom.  Knowing who I am and my being confident about what I think really make parenting much more fun.  There are always new discoveries...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN